Wednesday, 13 December 2006



Well, the day is over (hair wise) and I'm still not sure what I think. Let's just put it this way. When my father in law saw it (they were watching the girls) he said "You paid money for that?" So needless to say my confidence level in the whole thing went down the crapper right there. So here are the before, during and after pics. I didn't realize how long my hair was. I mean it's not WAY long, but it was getting down there. I got to the salon at 9 a.m. Feeling a little unsure as to what was going on. But we just decided to get on with it. So I came all scrubby and she washed my hair then she started to put in rollers. She put in 3 rows of purple on the bottom and then proceeded to put in over 100 peach rollers. I was very nervous by the time that was done. My head had doubled in size. She had to put two bags on to cover my head. Then we did all the treatments and the washing and the conditioning etc etc etc and this is what it looked like in the end. (Sorry the pic is blurred) I'm not unhappy with it. It's just different and it's going to take a while for me to get used to seeing myself with curls. But I left the salon feeling ok about it until I saw my father in law. My sister in law, Lisa, has a perm and she was watching Aaron so I stopped there and she says she likes it. But she's partial to perms. I pulled it back while we were there (it was driving me nuts down) and abbie wouldn't come near me. If she saw my hair she'd freak, like it was an animal or something. So hopefully over time we'll all get used to it. Crystal also put some layers in my hair. To help with the curls and stuff. So now I have until Friday (I can't wash it till then) to get it under control because we have a party on Friday and Mike's work party on Saturday. So hopefully I'll have it figured out by then. So enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gosh rosie! It's WONDERFUL! I would KILL for hair like that! I think you look stunning! Give me two years and I'd seriously consider it. Great job!!!

The Rose Family said...

Laura,

It looks great. Don't listen to what any guy says-- they are all just jealous that they can't perm their hair! It's going to be awesome-- they always look kind of scary the first minutes. But I LOVE IT!!