Tuesday, 15 May 2012

OWI

After last week, this week has been a bit of a disappointment.  I'm down 1.3 this morning, which is still down and I'm thankful for that.  But this past week has been the hardest.  I was eating the same things I always eat and I was up in weight (above what I weighed in last week) until yesterday morning.  It was VERY frustrating and I found myself craving cheese and all other yummy and delicious things.  Mother's Day was hard too.  We had a little brunch in RS.  It looked fabulous.  The kids made sugar cookie flowers for me.  I love sugar cookies.  They enjoyed them.   Said they were good.  Had dinner at the in-laws.  My piece of ham was a bit salty and a bit overcooked.  Not my first choice to go along with my cottage cheese and yogurt.  lol.  It wasn't my vegetable day so I didn't even get the green salad I brought.  And Sunday was Abbie's birthday.  No cake.  No cupcakes.  No nothing.  But, I knew that coming in.  So don't pity me, celebrate in my strength!  And that I'm one pound closer to my goal!  I've been doing this for a month now and I've lost 16.1 pounds.  Pretty good I'd say.  I think I'm going to get back on the treadmill this week and see if that helps or hinders the weight loss.  (I know you're thinking how can it hinder, but there are some days when I think I'm not eating enough calories and I don't want my body to go into starvation mode.)  So, until next week!! ~ L

1 comment:

The Rose Family said...

About adding in dreadmill workouts: When your calories are very low from trying to lose weight, exercise is a good way to keep your metabolism up (so that you don't stop losing weight and go into "starvation mode". Plus, those endorphins (or just the sense of accomplishment) makes you feel so much better. I am reverse from you... I workout every single day, but man do I love food!! ;)