Monday, 21 May 2012

Meal Plan Monday

It's Monday already?  Yikes, this past week flew by super duper fast!!  Last week the meals were good.  Chicken Enchiladas were a huge hit.  My hubby asked that next time I put in a few peppers (yes, you read that right.  Mike asked for more veggies.)  LOL.  But what it really means between the lines is "My mom used to put peppers in our enchiladas, so I think you should to."  Yes, we've been married almost 13 years and he STILL does that.  Thankfully, it's only a couple times a year....or else he'd be eating dinner at his mom's house too.  The Mexican cupcakes were ok.  My tortillas weren't cut big enough and in a nutshell, the girls hated them and the boy liked them and the man....well, he said he'd try it one more time, but he thought it would taste better if I put taco soup in them instead of how I made it.  So next time I am going to use wanton wrappers and taco soup.  We'll see how it goes.  I also got a complaint from the man that we had too much Mexican food that week.  I almost wet myself with laughter.  Quesideas, Chicken Enchiladas, and Mexican cupcakes and he's ready for Cinco de Mayo to be over.  So he has declared this to be It-lee week.  (What movie is this?  It-lee, what's my wife doing in It-lee?!)  Bring on the food.

Monday - Chicken Fettechini
Tuesday - Pork chops (you see the italian theme here?)
Wednesday - Grilled Cheese
Thursday - Hamburgers
Friday - Ribs
Saturday - Chicken Parmesan

Wow, that's too much Italian for me.  To give the man credit he did try to swing spaghetti, but that's what we eat the Saturday night before Fast Sunday, so I vetoed that.  I remember once upon a time a few years ago we had spaghetti every week because the kids were actually quiet when they ate it and Mike said, if they like it, feed it to them.  So I did.  Every stinking week.  I'm not going to lie, Pinterest has made my "What's for Dinner" list multiply leaps and bounds.  So when Mike rolls his eyes when I bring up pinterest I kindly (snort) remind him that's where our new dinners are coming from so he can zippy the lippy.  We are having nothing new this week.  But next week we're trying

1 comment:

Alex Harker said...

Hello, my name is Alex Bramwell and I am an employee of Inspirational Art Shop. I apologize for contacting you via comment, but I was unable to find any private contact information listed on your blog. That being said, I was wondering if you would be interested in becoming an affiliate with our website. For further information, please visit us at inspirationalartshop.com and click on the affiliate link at the bottom of the page. Thank you for your consideration, and good luck with your blog!