Tuesday, 8 May 2012

OWI

It's Tuesday which means it's Official Weigh In day!  This week I've lost 3.5 pounds.  Yay me!  Bringing me up to a total of 14.8 pounds lost.  I'm getting a little excited.  It's a lot of fun to see the weight come off and and every 5 mark ( like 145, 140 - except higher than that) I have little rewards for myself.  Obviously not food, but little things.  Like I have several shirts that I had when I lost 30 pounds 3 years ago.  So at ever 5 marker I try on all the shirts to see how they look.  And this week I actually got to put one shirt in my closet!  And another favorite thing?  When I take my jeans right out of the dryer and I can pull them on without sucking in.  Yup, it's just the small simple pleasures for me these days.  When I reach the 150 marker Mike's taking me to Missoula to do some shopping (they have a Kohls!)  So that's something to look forward to...way down the road. 


Now, I'm not going to lie, this hasn't all been sunshine and roses.  This week in particular has been quite hard.  I'm craving cheese like nobody's business...and almonds.  Sigh.  I miss my 100 calorie pack of almonds.  Yesterday, while I was at the store I saw blackberries...and strawberries.  And don't get me started on a big juicy burger.  I can go months without a hamburger and then all of  a sudden out of nowhere I'm starving for one.  Yesterday while I was in the car listening to an audio book one of the characters had a big juicy burger and it almost did me in.  I just tell myself that eventually I'll be able to have those things again.  Just not now.  But then I weigh myself and I'm so happy!!  I do weigh myself every day because I have to see the numbers go down.  And the numbers only went up once.  So the other 20 days have been down.  
(don't forget I"ll post a picture when I'm down 20!  5.2 more to go!!)

No comments: