It's a toss up I tell you. Today was crammed packed full of nothing and everything at the same time. I have a million and one things to do before my parents show up on Thursday and I feel like I got nothing done today. Figures. I had the kids cleaning most of the day, which basically means as soon as I was out of hearing they'd be playing. So it was a struggle. But I promised if they worked hard today we'd head to the pool tomorrow. We're moving Ky out of her room and setting my parents up in there and then Ky and Abbie will share Aaron's room and Aaron will move to Abbie's room. So we're emptying a dresser in Ky's room for my parents and I have no idea where we're going to put all the extra clothes. And I don't really want her going in and out of "my parent's room" to get dressed at 7a.m. if grandpa is sleeping. So that's probably a job I'm going to have to take over. So besides getting the rooms clean we're supposed to be getting the house clean. Pahahaha. Which really isn't that big of an undertaking....I hope. I'm not going crazy, just wiping a few walls, trying to look at my house through my parent's eyes. And I'm trying to get things ready for Ky's baptism on Saturday and her birthday and all that entails on Friday. So the first thing I did was make a list. Fabu. I got several things crossed off the list today like:
~Food Assignments for Friday's pancake breakfast
~Asking Aunt Crystal to take pictures for Ky's baptism
~Calling family and letting them know the deets of the baptism and what I'd like them to bring for our BBQ after
~Getting an appointment to get my hair done on Thursday (woot!)
~Black picture frame
I still have lots to do like: finish birthday shopping, food shopping, setting up my parent's room and the bed etc, a slide show of Ky for her baptism (which is what I should be doing now, but I really don't feel like scanning pictures right now), the program for the baptism, food for the weekend, and of course CLEANING. Oh and going to the pool tomorrow.
I wish I could be in two places at once. It would be nice to have Me #1 at the pool with the kids for the day and Me#2 slaving away at home with the kids out of the way.
I just want to know why Ky's baptism seems like such a big deal. Aaron's wasn't nearly this much work (I have a lot more ideas this time around and trying to get organized over a holiday weekend seems to be a part of the difference too) Oh, and another stresser is that I'm the pianist for Saturday and so I've been practising, practising, practising. Which takes up a lot of time. I'm sure I'll be fine by Saturday, but for the love of grace I was on the piano for several hours today. I enjoyed it, but I coulda, woulda, shoulda been doing other things.
Good news: I was up by 8 this morning and I exercised. So that took a bit of the morning. But it was good to get it done. Anyway, sorry this post is crazy. I can't seem to keep the same train of thought for more than a few minutes before I'm thinking of something else. Which brings me to my last random thought. Do they make girls under*wear just plain white anymore? All the kinds Ky has have a rainbow striping along the top and I'm pretty sure that the dress is going to be extremely see through once wet...duh. So that's on the list for Wednesday when I make time to hit the city.
Ok, an hour to myself and then off to bed where my brain will turn in circles all night and I'll be up and down 50 times writing down things I've forgotten.
Anyone want to come over and put together my slide show for me? lol. oh help. LOL
ps. I can't find a music source that has the kind of music I like. So if anyone uses something different than Playlist or Mixpod....let me know.
2 comments:
you say the word and I will help with whatever! let me know....
We couldn't find any plain white for Eli either. Our neighbors had two extra pairs from the pack they bought a year before for their son. It did have a gray waistband so Eli just tucked it under. Hope you can find white undies. I am already on the lookout for Rory. Hope everything goes well for you!
Post a Comment