Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Books to Read....and catch up

I'm on book #2 of my "100 books to read"  The pick for #2 is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  I'm very excited to read it.  Thankfully it's a pretty easy read.  I checked out the whole Chronicles of Narnia series from the library (it all came in one GINORMOUS book.)  It started with The Magician's Nephew, which tells the story of how Narnia came to be.  It was fascinating and I'm glad I got the book that has them all in chronological order instead of by the year they were written.  I just started The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and I hope I can find enough time to read the whole series before Easter! 

In other news --

  • We're in full swing with choreography and of course my kids are sick.  Surprise.  And not with a cold sick, but with high fevers and croup like coughs.  After a night with only a few hours of sleep today is a bit rough.  If I can make it through this week I'll be laughing. 
  • Church on Sunday was good.   The kids were sick, but I took them anyway since it was "just" sacrament meeting.  And they all had tylenol or advil before we went.  I'm excited for the new ward and look forward to getting a calling and getting to know people better.  (Hopefully the calling can wait until after show choir....that would be greatly appreciated).  AND the bench I picked to sit in was the perfect one!  We sat in a bench where the family that used to sit there was moved to a different ward.  Whew!  I'm so glad...now if I can just remember which one it was...
  • It was Aaron's birthday a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to post, but we all know that posts are sporadic during show choir, so I might do a late post on that.  For sure on the kids blog (which I haven't posted on in MONTHS)
  • Dinner this week is basically a wing and a prayer.  Last night was Taco Soup, tonight Taco in a Bag and basically every morning I look at my schedule for the day and look through the cupboards and see what we have left that I can make in the time slot given.  Tomorrow will probably be crock pot. 
  • {Misc} Soccer starts in a few weeks (the week that the show is for show choir) and although I'm not looking forward to it, the girls are and so I will do it for them!!  Did I mention that I'm looking forward to summer and no school and no schedules?  I've also started exercising and eating right....again.  Show choir does make that a bit easier since I'm super busy and don't have time to get the munchies.  I ordered Ky's swimsuit from Lands End today.  I hope it fits her and I hope it's as cute as the pictures.  And that's about it.  My crazy days for show choir are coming up so I won't post again until next week unless something important hits (like a super awesome talk from conference)

So have a great week, and an even better weekend!!

L

1 comment:

Stacy Wilson said...

busy busy! Just think how much faster the next little bit will fly by....then you will be that much closer to summer!!!!