Wow! The wind is howling today. One of those "if I close my eyes tight enough and think happy thoughts it sounds like waves crashing on the beach" kind of days. We FINALLY got the word from the Stake Presidency that the ward boundaries are changing this weekend! We've been waiting for a year and the rumor mill has been going crazy, but the day has been set and I'm excited!! I LOVE change. I love when we get a new Bishop. I love when they change any presidencies! I love being released (usually - there was one time I wasn't happy, but occasionally we just love our callings that much!)
From the time I was 4 until I left for college I was in the same ward and from the day we moved here we've been in the same ward. So I'm excited for things to be shaken up. I don't know a lot of people from Raymond since I'm an implant and my rule of thumb goes something like this....If you've never been in my ward and if you're not in show choir, then I doubt I know you. So I'm looking forward to meeting new friends! And hoping my kids will make new friends too (Aaron).
A friend's husband said this on facebook this morning....."and there were wards and rumors of wards" and it's SO true. And quite funny. Now I just have to wait until Sunday!! Eeeeee!! I'm SO excited. (and maybe I'm kinda hoping that I'll be released from my calling....maybe)
I'll keep you posted.
AND show choir is rearing it's ugly head again. I have tons to do and probably won't be on too much in the next 5 weeks. But I'll post about Sunday for sure!!
Song: Help me, Rhonda is the song I'm currently stuck on for choreo. When this is over I NEVER want to hear this song again. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
1 comment:
we are also the kind of people who love change, new things, new callings and opportunities. and that is how we see this new boundary change. excited like you guys are!! also interested to see if we get released from our YW and EQ callings. i know i'm ready for a change there too...but at the same time do love what i do in yw.
anyway, we are looking forward to getting to know you, your family and everyone else we gained out your way in the new 2nd ward.
Post a Comment