Well, I feel as if I've aged 15 years over the weekend. And I'm sure I actually look like I've aged that much too. I feel yucky. :D Nothing a good hot shower won't fix. Now, if I could take one without being interupted that would be a miracle in and of itself. LOL. Anyway, buck up campers and be of good cheer. Even though we didn't pass the test life is good. Everything has a way of working itself out for the best and in the Lords good time. He knows the thoughts and wishes of our hearts and in the eternities this will be a small hiccup in the road. Over the past couple of days I've found a few scriptures that have really helped me out.
Mosiah 23:21 "Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith."
Alma 1:25 "Now this was a great trial to those that did stand fast in the faith; nevertheless, they were steadfast and immovable in keeping the commandemtns of God, and they bore with patience the persecution which was heaped upon them."
Alma 3:4 "And so great were their afflictions that every soul had cause to mourn; and they believed that it was the judgments of God sent upon them because of their wickedness and their abominations; therefore they were awakened to a remembrance of their duty."
And I have felt this way. The trials of this past year have truly "awakened to a remembrance" the things that I am supposed to be doing. From the miscarriage to the test and million little things in between this has truly been a year of spiritual growth for me. I have drawn closer to the Lord more now than I have in years and I feel parts of me awakening and saying "it's about time, what took you so long" Our struggles are not in vain for the things that I am learning are an even greater blessing than the trials that we're going through. So although they are worldly set backs, spiritually I have been leaping and bounding after treading water for years. (Whatever it takes I guess).
Anyway, so don't be sad for us. Be glad of all the things that I am learning and the closeness that I'm feeling to the Lord. This will be a delightful holiday season and I think of Christ and rejoice in Christ. I am truly blessed to have such great friends and family who love and support us. I love you!
PS. I AM on vacation! (that's for you mom!)
No comments:
Post a Comment