The Santa secret is officially out at our house. The other day in the car Ky asks me "Mom is Santa real?" Which I followed up with the standard "What do you think?" Aaron then piped up that he doesn't think Santa is real anymore and I quietly told him he could speak with me later. Well, that later was today as we were preparing lunch. Turns out his cousin told him that he saw his parents stuffing his stocking this past Christmas and so Aaron now knows that Santa is me and Mike. I will say that I am a little relieved. I've been debating telling him for a while, but at the same time I didn't want to crush his little dreams or be made to look like we lie about Santa etc. He took it like a man and his eyes only watered slightly when I proceeded to tell him about the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. I ended our conversation with the standard "You must Believe to Receive" comment and that he'd better not tell anyone because it's not HIS job to tell other people, but usually their parents. So it's the beginning of the end in our house. Only 2 kids are firm believers....I find Christmas so much more fun when they believe!! So I'm going to hang on to it and hope we can enjoy the next few years. As a side note, my mom told me about Santa when I was in the 3rd grade and I never felt disappointed. It was awesome to be apart of a secret that my 12,000 siblings didn't know about. So I'll try to make it special for him so he feels apart of the whole Christmas Eve celebrations


4 comments:
Laura i started cracking up when i heard santa claws is coming to town great song man. That even makes me sad about aaron and his cousein telling him grrrrr. Great job sister <3s
so I totally want my kids to believe FOREVER! I dont necessarily believe in santa anymore....but I still believe strongly in the spirit of Santa! I think it makes the holidays so much more fun and meaningful. & the saviors birth is a perfect example of the spirit of santa
We tell our kids Santa only comes to those who still believe, so everyone swears they are still believers...
Hey how are you. Long time, no post. Hope the canning is going OK.
Post a Comment