So I'm calling out to my friends, give me your recipes so I can try something new and they can remember why they like the oldy moldies. I did point out to him 3 recipes that were new - corn chowder, chicken tetrazzini, and tortilla soup and that we had only eaten them once and he never picked them again. All I got out of that was an "oh". I'm thinking of trying porcupine meatballs because I don't think we eat enough hamburger. Snort.
Anyway, here's the week!
Monday - Tacos
Tuesday - Chicken Tetrazzini
Wednesday - Annie's Chops
Thursday - Steak
Friday - Beef Dip
Saturday - Pancakes
And beef dip is kinda new. New this year at least. Anyway, if you have a favorite that's on the internet or whatever send it my way. We're gonna get CRAZY and see how they like it.
ps. Mike's idea of crazy is Chicken Enchiladas (which he totally pronounces wrong, like the true Canadian he is. He pronounces them Onchiladas. It drives me crazy. {since when does EN make an ON sound?} So I told him until he can say it right, I'm not making it.)
*song o' the day: Summer in the City {this was spinning in my head last night as I was trying to sleep. looking forward to summer!!}
4 comments:
Perogie Casserole. Place large onion chopped in bottom of casserole pan, spread 2 kg of perogies on top. Mix the following and pour over perogies: 2 cans cream of mushroom soup 2 cups milk 2 cups shredded chedder cheese 500 ml of sour cream 1/2 cup melted marg. Bake for 1 hour at 350 deg F.
OR A personal fav
Potato Skins!
Or Tinfoil Fish!!
Or Pioneer Woman Meatloaf!!
Great now I'm hungry!
LOved all your posts. Loved the "mormon" posters. Here is what we had last night. It's a favorite of mine and your boys might like it because even though it is chicken...it's wrapped in bacon.
pound chicken breast thin (I use tenderlions but whatever) spread onion and chive cream chz (or really whatever flavor you want...nothing fruity) roll up wrap with raw bacon, place on baking sheet bake 400 15 min for tenderlions or 30 for breasts. then broil on high 3 min (make the bacon crisp) ENJOY. they are really easy to wrap up because of the cream cheese and with the bacon on the outside they sick by themselves. No need for toothpicks.
love ya
Does you family likes tomatoes or rice? I have a recipe called BBQed meatballs. They really aren't BBQed but the sauce you make to cook them in tastes kinda like BBQ sauce I guess. Anyways I serve them over rice.
Okay, when I got to the onchilada part I bust out laughing. Are they French?
I don't see Mike as much of a curry guy, which I have been making a lot of lately. Maybe Hawaiian haystacks or some kind of creative pasta dish? I have some great Southern recipes, too. I don't use beef very much. We eat a ton of chicken.
Post a Comment