I know it has been forever, but life is crazy, what can I say? First of all, my weigh in this week has been cancelled. So I'm weighing in next Tuesday. So stay tuned. That was the good news. The bad news is that I've gained weight this past week (like 5 pounds) and so I'm furious at myself and I'll be lucky to be down anything by next week. If I weigh the same next week as I did 3 weeks ago I will be satisfied. Not happy, but satisfied. What can I say? Mother's day and Abbie's birthday and a full day of soccer games put me in the munchie mode. I even ate a HOT DOG. I hate hot dogs and I was so hungry I ate one. Yikes. But I'm back on the straight and narrow. The past few days have felt like I have started all over. I've been STARVING for anything. I find it very annoying. AND the treadmill is still not fixed. So another reason for the weight gain is no exercise for 2 weeks. (And what a glorious 2 weeks it was). So I am now hauling myself out of bed at 5:40 and running outside. I ran the track yesterday and today I ran out here by my house. The track is now crowded in the mornings since the weather is nice and I really don't like running around that many people. They all seem to stare at me. I'm sorry if I'm breathing like a crazy lunatic. I'm fighting a sinus cold right now and it's a miracle I can even breathe much less sound delicate while I'm trying to run. Not to mention that my face gets beet red within minutes of starting to run. I hate running. LOL. But the good thing about running at 6a.m. is that I'm DONE. So I've added like 3 hours to my day and it's not that bad. It's nice to be dressed and hair done etc by 8 a.m. Very fulfilling.
While I was on the show choir trip I bought myself some running shoes. So I tried them out. I noticed my foot was pinching, but I just pushed on. I figured if I stopped I wouldn't start again. After a while it stopped hurting, or at least I was just trying to get air that I stopped noticing the pinching pain. But when I stopped running this is what I saw....
ew. These are my BRAND NEW SHOES and they're already ruined.
Stupid toe. Thankfully socks can be bleached.
And needless to say, I now have a nub where the pinky toe was. :D
Back to the weight loss for a second. I'm not sure if I posted last time. I am (was) down 33.6 pounds. So I'm almost to my halfway point. And I know I promised a picture and I told myself I wasn't going to post a picture until I got to my goal. But this weekend was Grad for the kids and someone took my picture with some of my gal pals and I must say that I look pretty good. :) I can't remember the last time I said that. LOL. So I thought I'd share. When I get to the half way mark I'll do the before and after pics. I doubt there will be any difference between how I look in this pic and the one when I'm half way, since it's only 2.4 pounds away. But we'll pretend ok? Without further ado.....me {I'm the old one. LOL}

3 comments:
you do look totally awesome. i was haunting facebook early this morning and wanted to tell you how great your pic is, but alas, my computer time was interrupted (I wonder by whom??!). Seriously, you are doing great. I only hope that I can be as motivated as you are to lose this baby weight. Keep it up.
Hey, don't throw away your shoes, just rub some ice on them and they'll be as good as new. Way to push through the pain though.
you run until you bleed...
that's commitment.
Are you going to go in the Raymond 10K? You should...
You look great.
I think I tell you that lots though, and I'd rather not be on the verge of total creepiness!
I'm proud of you!
Post a Comment