Friday, 5 December 2008

WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!

After a pretty much sleepless night from both of us, we discovered this morning that MIKE PASSED HIS TEST!!! We are SO blessed! And we wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the part you've played in it. Thank you for praying for us (and for me), for fasting with us and for being part of this journey that has had many ups and downs for the past 9 years!!! Only the Lord knows what the future holds, but this is the very beginning of the next phase of our life!! Thank you so much for supporting us and loving us and letting me cry and complain on your shoulders!! I couldn't have done it without you!!

Once I've calmed down I'll write the stats down of how many took the test and how many passed. I know that nation wide over 3000 took the test and only 2000 passed. But I'm not sure what the province wide stats are. So once Mike gets home from celebrating (he HAD to go to the office this morning to be with his co-workers then he'll be home and we'll decorate the Christmas tree today!!) I'll have him load the website up and I'll get all the stats.

Oh what a DAY!! I'm flying on wings I didn't know I had!! My heart is soaring and the tears are falling and I can't help but feel so humbled and blessed. Christmas has come early for us and what a gift that has been given. It's been a long road, but it's been worth it just like I knew it would be once we got to this point.

I'd like to let Mike know how much I love him and appreciate him. For his courage to get back up when he didn't pass the first time and to spend 12 weeks every year studying and dealing with me cracking the whip. He is such a hard worker to provide for us.

And now that the test has passed and once he comes back down to earth, he will be reminding me that we are going to get a Ford Flex. I told him we wouldn't even talk about it until he passed his test. So it's looking like the Flex will be joining us. I'll see if he can hold out until January. And it's also looking like we're going to ENGLAND this summer!! So pencil us in mom! Wow, Hawaii and England all in one year. And if I have my way, we'll be taking the kids to Disneyland in October.

But this all opens new doorways for Mike. He now has to decide where he wants to work. He can carry on with his same company (which the guy that was studying with Mike from his office also passed) so the office now has 3 CA's. Which I doubt they need. So the time has come for Mike to decide what he wants. Which could be interesting.

Enough of the future, let's bask in the glory of today!! Wooot! Woooot! Thanks again everyone for being part of our journey!

3 comments:

Mikaela said...

WOOOOO HOOOOO is right! What great news that Mike past. Just great for your entire family! Good things come to those who wait, huh?

Papa Paradigm said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. Enjoy your new car, vacations and everything else you've been waiting for. That would be awesome if you guys moved to Cali!

Christal said...

congrats again!!! but what Hawaii too what ?? when you lucky lucky girl!!!! Well enjoy the car trip and decisions you deserve you hard whip cracking mama you!!!! love ya!!!