Sunday, 14 December 2008

Pink Eye

Can I say that I am SO not in the mood for this. Mike woke up the other day and has pink eye. In both of his eyes. And this morning I woke up with my eyes feeling a little goobie. And sure enough I have pink eye in my left eye. And it hurts. Aaron and Ky had pink eye 2 and 3 weeks ago and Ky's cleared up in a few days (no medicine because it's viral) and Aaron's took a lot longer because we were in Utah and on the road etc so his took a week to 10 days. Mike's had it a few days and refuses any drops or anything. And now that I have it I want eye drops. I want to march in to the dr's office and demand that we get eye drops. If I knew that the whole freaking family was going to get it I would have gotten them with Ky because this is a joke. My eye is burning and goobie and blurry. I feel as though I have to blink a thousand times in a minute and I just think do I freaking have to have pink eye right now? This is so not looking good in so many ways. I'm trying to laugh about it, but it's coming out more as a wheezing sound. For the love of Grace!

4 comments:

Papa Paradigm said...

Wow that sucks. A least it will clear before Christmas right?

erin said...

I am so sorry! Pink Eye is the worst! I feel your pain--literally. Hope you get over it soon!

Lauren said...

Don't you just hate viruses? At least with an infection you can take something. Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I hate to say "I told you so". Poor Aaron - 10 days!!! I don't care if its viral or not. It hurts. It itches. Your vision is blury and you are irritaed 24/7. Pink Eye is SO contagious (ya think?) and yet with medication it only lasts about 3 days and risk of contamination drops dramatically. I am SO sorry you guys all had it. It does stink. Get some drops the next time you are in and just have them on hand - they last a long time (shelf life)