Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Major Freak Out

Most of you know that my Grandpa Anderson isn't doing very well and his death is expected in the next few weeks if not days. Now normally this would just be a fact of life and even though sad, would know that this is the Lord's plan for him etc. Well, here's my freak out problem. I checked tickets for next week to fly from Great Falls into SLC and tickets were over 1000. YIKES. And so Stacy found me a great deal from Calgary into Las Vegas and then I'd fly from Vegas into SLC. Well, here's my dilemma. My US passport expires on January 13, 09 and you cannot fly from Canada into the states without a valid passport. Now I knew that my passport was expiring so before we left for the states for American thanksgiving I went in search for all my papers that I'd be needing. And I can't find my marriage certificate. I got my passport a few months before I was married and so it has been in my maiden name and I need my marriage certificate to be able to change it to my name now. I CAN'T FIND MY MARRIAGE OR MY BIRTH CERTIFICATES. We used to always keep our red folder of important papers in the desk upstairs. A year or so ago we started getting our 72 hour kits ready etc and I can remember bringing the folder downstairs and saying to Mike "we need to put this where we can get it in the case of an emergency" and that is the last that I can remember about it. I haven't seen it since and now I am tearing the house apart because I could be in huge trouble if Grandpa happens to hang on longer than we think and I'm stuck with driving on horrible roads. And isn't it ironic that I move the stupid folder and can't find it now. What a freaking joke. I have torn the house apart thinking of every place I could have put it and can't find it anywhere. So people, start praying that I find it because even if Grandpa dies and is buried before January 13 I still have to get my passport renewed and we're getting our Canadian ones this year too. As soon as I find our paperwork. Sheesh, this is the last thing I need right now. And if you know me at all, you'll know that this will consume my thoughts and I'll be angry/depressed until I find these stupid things. Roar.

1 comment:

erin said...

I am glad I'm not the only one who gets hung up on stuff. It even goes so far as if I see someone in a movie who looks familiar, I have to stop the movie and search imdb until I figure it out. I hope you find it soon--just think of it as spring cleaning early!