Thursday, 5 June 2008

Rude Remarks

I was looking over my blog yesterday and I thought "Hmmm, it's been a while since I've had a rude remark" Well, within 2 hours of that thought I have a new rude remark and I've been biting my tongue to the point of splitting my tongue in half. But I figure whatever, this is my blog, I'm allowed to vent my own personal feelings here. It's not as though the person I'm ranting about reads my blog. And if she does, then too bad. No, I'm joking, I would feel bad for a few seconds if she read it. So technically I shouldn't post it then, but whatever. So, onto the vent. So I went to pick up Ky yesterday from preschool. It was their last "official" class at the school. She has a Kindergarten readiness review on Monday that we both go to and we have a swim party on Wednesday. So they were singing their good bye song and so I poked my head in the room to see the kids when I hear this voice over my shoulder "So, what Kindergarten class is Kyleigh in" Sure enough it was my sister in law. Mike's sister. One of my least favorite people, right up there with Hitler and Osama. I'm joking. I don't dislike her that much, but I don't like her. And I'm tired of pretending that I like her. So I show her a lot of indifference. Anyway, so in my head I"m just screaming "Mind your own freaking business!!" but of course I didn't say that. So I pulled my head back a bit, glanced at her and said Mrs D'Agnon as I poked my head back in the classroom. Then there was silence. This is what I hate about her. She will pump and prod and poke into your business like it's her own, but when it comes to her life she's as silent as a tomb. (I'll share a stupid story about how she does this at the end). So I pulled my head back out and I said "who does shaylee have" and sure enough they're in the same class. That just ruined my whole day. I was tempted to go to the principal (since I'm on the parent advisory board - think pta - he knows who I am) and asking him to move Ky out and my reasoning would be they are cousins and they spend a lot of time together and they don't need to be in the same class. Which, I will admit is a lie. My kids don't spend any time with her kids unless we're all over at grandmas. And usually if they show up, we leave - after an appropriate amount of time together. But I really don't want them to be in the same class. And to be honest I didn't want the teacher. Aaron had the other kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Hironaka and I really liked her. So I stewed about it all day until soccer. At soccer I found out that my good friend's daughter is in the same class and another mom from our ward her daughter is in our class too. So I figured I'd just deal with it. Although there is a small part of me that I thinks about going to the principal still and requesting Shaylee moves. Which I wont. When I told Mike he just let out an exasperated breath and rolled his eyes. As if. He has no say in it. He doesn't deal with his sister's crap the way that I have to. So he can just stuff it. So today I'm feeling a bit better about it. A bit better. Now, onto the story I promised. Like I said before, Lisa will give you the 3rd degree trying to find out everything about your life, but if you ask about her life, she says jack. She's pregnant, due in august and she didn't tell us until April. Basically she HAD to tell us because she was showing and we all pretty much knew. Now that's really her prerogative if she wants to do that. She has miscarried 3 times that I know of and the last one was around 14 weeks so of course you don't really want to say anything. But what I love is that when you ask her, she lies to you. Flat out in your face lies. So anyway, our long weekend in May we had a family hot dog roast at the in laws. Mike's brother from up north and his family came down and we had a great weekend. So earlier in the day 2 of my sister in laws and I were talking about how we don't know when Lisa is due, her exact date. And that's a pet peeve of mine...when you ask a pregnant woman when she's due and she evades or gives a random answer. I want to know the date you're due. Not oh, at the end of summer or in the middle of June etc. But that's just me. Anyway, so later that night around the fire pit my sister in law cheryl, who has guts lol, asked Lisa when she was due. Lisa said "oh, I'm not sure. I haven't gone to Dr. Davey yet" Now, Dr. Davey is the ogbyn in Lethbridge who sees people who have had risky pregnancies or c-sections etc. Now you don't go to dr davey until you're 7 or 8 months pregnant. Pretty much just towards the end. Now, why would she have to wait until dr davey to know her due date. I'm pretty sure that's one of the first things that you take care of when you see the dr. So Cheryl just looked at me and I gave her my "you have GOT to be kidding me" look. Then Lisa continues on spewing all sorts of crap. So the final answer we got out of her was the end of august. Which made all sister in laws depressed because that means her royal pain in the butt will be joining us down at the lake this summer. What a peach she's going to be 8 months pregnant in the heat of august. Oh, I can hardly wait. We all know she's had an ultrasound, which gives you your exact due date. And the rumor is the dr knows what they're having, but they don't want to know what it is. Which means, they know what it is, but they're acting as though they don't. Because that's the way they are. Instead of saying, we know what it is, but we don't want to tell people, they just say they don't know. Anyway, I could go on about this all day, but I do have to go to Sweet Grass today and mail off a bunch of packages. So there are my rude remarks. Hopefully that will last for a while.

4 comments:

Mikaela said...

Oh man! I'm so glad I don't have to be in the mix of all the family drama in my family, let alone one in my in-laws! I'm so glad I'm not close to my in-laws after reading this crap! What a nightmare. That's just weird you wouldn't tell people your due date. That's what EVERYONE, not even family asks you when you're pg. Is it just some sort of attention seeking game to her? Freakin' weird! She needs to be smacked.

Christal said...

ha ha ha Laura you so make me laugh. Some things never change! If she does read your blog I think she just got a well vented mouthful you go girl!! Families are so fun especially when they are all around eh doesn't work to well sometimes!@!Well have a great week!

Papa Paradigm said...

I think I need to start venting more on the blog. Evan just tunes me out. Which make me so mad! At least on the blog you can let it out and then get some support from your readers. :) You crack me up.
Sorry you have to deal with the Lovely Lisa. Hope you survive this summer.
Oh hey thanks for the Family History info, I'll have to check it out.

Nana-berk said...

Oh sister!! How much I would love to go up there and witness the one-woman freak show!!! Ha I would have new things to laugh and joke about for months!!! Hope you survive the camping trip...at least Brie will be there with you. :) love you sister