Well, today is Father's Day and what better tribute than to show pictures of some of the men in my life who are great dads. I'll start with my own dad. This is me on my first birthday. Dad was helping me open presents.
I don't have a lot of pictures of me and my dad, but this one was pretty cute. My dad is great. He has changed a lot since I was growing up and I don't even recognize the man he has become. But it is a beautiful thing to see the way he has changed and shaped and grown. He wasn't home a lot when I was growing up, but seeing the man that he is now I would rather he be the awesome grandpa that he is then change anything about how I was growing up. He is so good with the kids. He calls Ky "girlfriend" and he taught all the kids to pound his knuckles. He takes Aaron fishing and even rode the roller coaster with Aaron, Megan (my niece) and my brother. I love you Dad, now more than ever!
I don't have a lot of pictures of me and my dad, but this one was pretty cute. My dad is great. He has changed a lot since I was growing up and I don't even recognize the man he has become. But it is a beautiful thing to see the way he has changed and shaped and grown. He wasn't home a lot when I was growing up, but seeing the man that he is now I would rather he be the awesome grandpa that he is then change anything about how I was growing up. He is so good with the kids. He calls Ky "girlfriend" and he taught all the kids to pound his knuckles. He takes Aaron fishing and even rode the roller coaster with Aaron, Megan (my niece) and my brother. I love you Dad, now more than ever!This is my Grandpa Richins. My grandma passed away in August and I was really worried about him for quite a while. He just didn't seem the same. Almost as if he'd lost a limb, probably worse than loosing a limb. At the funeral he let me know how much he loved my grandma and how he knew she loved him by all the things she did for him. My grandpa is a special man. He holds a very special place in my heart. I can remember growing up we used to go to their house all the time and he'd always stand with his hands on his hips. Then he'd raise his hands under his armpits (think like bird wings) and he's just stare us down. He also used to read to me all the time. I had a favorite book "Rotten Ralph" and every time we went to Grandma's he's read it to me. He got so sick of reading it to me that he finally just gave me the book. lol. I swiped it from my mom when I left for college and I read it to my kids now. My grandpa also is a great gardener. He grows huge pumpkins and the best tomatoes ever!! I love you grandpa!! and I miss you!!! Happy Father's Day.
This picture is of my other brother , Shae. It's not the best pic of the world, but it's the only one I have right now. Shae is hilarious. He is a good dad and he's a great uncle. He's always telling jokes and making the kids laugh. Ky thinks Uncle Shae is as crazy as a goat! (I have no idea where she got that from, but we have a good laugh over it)
Here are a bunch of great dads. Grandpa, Uncle Ryan, my cousin Jansen, Pard and Dad.
Last but not least is Mike. I wrote a tribute to Mike on the other blog, but I want everyone to know how much I love him. He is a great dad and a good husband. (I hate this pic of me btw) It's been an adventure to love him and to realize that I love him more today then I did almost 9 years ago when we were married.
There are several more men that I love who are great dads who I don't have pictures of, like my brother in law Devon - who just became a dad again yesterday. And my Uncle Dan, who is my mom's brother. My other Grandpas - Martinez and Anderson. My list could go on and on. So I hope you all had a great Fathers day remembering those you love the most!!
There are several more men that I love who are great dads who I don't have pictures of, like my brother in law Devon - who just became a dad again yesterday. And my Uncle Dan, who is my mom's brother. My other Grandpas - Martinez and Anderson. My list could go on and on. So I hope you all had a great Fathers day remembering those you love the most!!
4 comments:
Hey Laura! I had to say that your kids look a lot like your Dad!! It was a toss up to decide who the most, so I'll just leave it at that. :)
Love ya
I spy on your blog all the time...sorry I haven't been emailing!
love this tribute how cute are you as a baby!! Awesome post!! Glad to know you really do love Mike j.k I know you do!! TTYS
ps to answer your question sometimes between 5 and but mostly between 6-7 depends on when Darren has to go to work! later babe!!
Hey Rose.
Thanks for the awesome post. I don't know why I didn't see it before. Thanks for all the nice things you said!
Love you.
Hey Laura, what a great post. This was really nice and special. When I read the part about Pard, all I could think was, "Oh my gosh! We are actually going to have three children!"
Post a Comment