Monday, 23 June 2008

It Never Fails

It doesn't matter what time of day it is.... 8 a.m., 10 a.m., 9:45 a.m., nope it just doesn't matter. As soon as I haul myself upstairs and get myself hauling on the treadmill the phone rings. I used to jump off and answer, albeit a little annoyed because someone has "thrown me off my groove", but I have recently discovered and figured out how to use the weight loss button on the tread mill and believe you me, you don't want me to answer the phone. LOL. I can hardly breathe half the time and I have a breathing pattern (In -right left, Out -right left) and when I'm jogging 5 mph I ain't jumping off to answer the phone. So I let the answering machine pick it up. And it's funny the number of people who won't leave messages, and we don't have caller id so I can't call them back. lol. But it doesn't matter what time I'm on the treadmill the house suddenly becomes grand central station with the phone ringing anywhere from 2 to 5 times in the 65 minutes I'm on the treadmill. I was thinking about changing the answering machine to say, "Hi, it's the Quintons. If you're calling in the morning I'm on the treadmill. Give me an hour I'll call you back. " But Aaron's done school tomorrow and I'm going to train him to answer the phone. Yes, I am going to train my child to answer the phone because there is nothing more annoying then getting a child on the phone who chews your ear off for ten minutes and then can't find their mom. And then they "forgot" to tell their mom that you called or forget who called period. So Aaron will shortly be trained with the Richins trademark answering service. "Hello, this is Aaron speaking" and I'm going to train him as to what to say when mom's in the bathroom, in the shower, outside hanging laundry, or on the treadmill. We'll see how it works. But speaking of the treadmill I have a new favorite. I am going bald, don't laugh. And so my hair is going crazy trying to catch up with the hair I'm losing so I have all of these "wispies" around my face. They drive me crazy. When I do my hair with my dying perm you don't notice them because the rest of my hair is curly too, but if I french braid my hair or wear my ever famous half pony tail they are straight and they just fly all over. It's become a serious problem in my work out because they tickle my face and I have to wait until I work up enough sweat to plaster them down. But I was in Walmart the other night and I saw some no slip hairbands

my sisters have used them for a few years for their field hockey stuff. The headbands have elastic woven through them so that hair won't slip out. They have think ones and thin ones. I bought the thick ones. I wasn't taking ANY chances. LOL. It comes with 3 in a pack, and the colors are icky, white, black and red, but whatever I'm on my treadmill, who's going to see me? So I tried them out and they were Fab -u- lous !! I'm tempted to wear them the next windy day. How cute will that be. (Icky)

No comments: