Thursday, 3 April 2008
Tired
I started teaching choreo this week at show choir. We didn't actually start until Wednesday, but I met Tuesday afternoon for a few hours to go over every step with the lady I work with so she can call out steps while I am up on the platform getting my groove on. So we did The New Girl in Town Tuesday afternoon and I taught it Wednesday. The girls picked it up really quick. I can see a few of them need a little help, but we're not having time to fix them at this point. So you just hope they figure it out. In case you don't have any idea what I'm talking about the spring show has 20 songs, of which I have 5. Every night from yesterday until next Wednesday we teach as many new dances as we can and then run through everything we've learned so far. So yesterday we got through 4 dances/songs and then did a run. Today we got through 4 songs and ran all 8 songs. You get about an hour to teach a song. It was brutal. Tonight I did Telephone Hour, a song from Bye Bye Birdie. This is the first time I've taught boys and girls and it isn't just a simple dance where we all do the same steps. We've got the boys going left when the boys are going right and the girls going left when the boys are going right. There are couples and girls who aren't paired up and just a mass of people. It was wild and out of control and one of the head ladies was getting annoyed with how long it was taking. The kids are still clueless and there are things we need to fix. But they aren't giving us any time to fix it. It's irritating me so much. Tomorrow, since school gets out at 12:45 we start at 2. And they'll go until 8 or later. They are teaching 5 songs tomorrow I think and then doing runs. I hope they're doing a run and fix because there are a few things that I want to fix in both dances. Tomorrow I teach You are the Music in Me from HS musical 2. I just learned it today and it's going to be so weird. But on the plus side of this the kids have been at my sister in law Lisa's and it's seeming to work out ok. Anyway, I'm really tired and my throat hurts. I doubt I'm even making sense. So I'm just going to get some sleep. I'm so glad this week is Conference because I don't have to worry about any church stuff. Sigh. ttyl, L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment