Friday, 18 April 2008
300th post
Between my two blogs, this is my 300th post! Yay! Imagine me throwing confetti. Now imagine me vacuuming it up. lol. Anyway, I've noticed since I've started posting about hockey, no one is reading my blog. Sorry. :D But this could very well be the end for both of my teams. They are both losing their series 3-2 and 3-1 and they both play again on Sunday. The Flames are the 3-2 and if they lose Sunday they're out. And the Devils, they are 3-1 so they don't really have a prayer. So by Sunday my Stanley Cup dreams could be shot. Anyway, onto better news I guess. My sister-in-law Crystal had a baby boy Tuesday morning. He was 7 pounds 2 ounces and 20" long. His name is Braiden Andrew Quinton. And in the bad news department my parents had someone break into their house. My dad then walked in on them and it all resulted in a huge chase (yes, my dad chased them in their car!!) The robbers (3 teenagers) took a corner too fast and ended up running on foot through an orchard. My dad kicks it into 4x4 and is chasing them through the orchard. The stupid boys don't even split up to make the chase harder. They then come to a field and dive into the tall weeds. Dad, unsure if they are carrying guns (I really wanted to say packing heat lol) decided to stay in the car and wait for the police. They then called in the helicopter to see if they could find them. The then proceeded to surround some farm hands and scared the poop out of them. So they brought in the dogs and found all 3 boys. They didn't get anything out of the house, they were still in the packing up process and had 3 of my mom's laundry baskets loaded up with all their electronics and other things they liked. They did swipe my sister's tithing and some cash in my dad's drawer that they didn't get back because they weren't exactly sure how much was in it. And they swiped some Vicadin that my dad had. So they didn't get anything back that they pocketed. But a meager 100 is worth catching the guys and still having the rest of their stuff. So I'm not sure what the heck happens from here, but isn't my dad THE MAN! I mean seriously, who in their right mind would chase after 3 hoodlums? When my dad was asked what he was thinking he said that since the boys were more scared of him, he just got MAD. He flipped the lights on in his bronco (I think it's a bronco) and the kids got even more scared. (For those of you who don't know what my dad does, he works for the Cal-Trans, which is a division of the government and he keeps I-80 in great condition to keep the traffic flowing. Because I believe that every hour the roads are closed the great state of CA looses 1M dollars. So during the winter he's very busy with snow removal etc. He said at one point during this winter they had 12 feet of snow in one storm. During the summer they fix and repair roads and bridges etc. Now he's not the guy that actually goes out there and does the manual labor, he's the boss. So he has orange and white lights on his truck, think traffic lights.) Anyway, it scared the boys and dad called in the police and they met dad out in the orchard. Anyway, it was exciting and scary all at the same time. Anyway, yesterday I went to Great Falls, and today I'm heading to Sweet Grass to mail out some stuff and get our mail. Sigh. I just want to stay home. It's supposed to snow later today so I'd better get on it. ttyl, L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh man, your dad is THE MAN! Where was he a few years back when my house was broken into? I still want my video of McKay's first year of existance....UGH! But yeah, seeing some kids go down is the best way to teach them. I'm glad he found them when he did. I'd have been scared to death! lol
Congrats on another baby in your family! I just found out my sis and niece are both pregnant...so we're having more babies before christmas! :)
My mom forwarded me the story from your mom and I just got done reading it. That is crazy! Just add another amazing story to your dad's life experiences. I'm so glad everyone was safe. Uncle Stan is a hero indeed.
That is so funny but scary your dad is awesome!! i'd be way to scared thats creepy though after being in the house after they are in there!! Glad he was okay though!! Haven't seen you in awhile spring break sucked I had the flu for 4 days of it and still don't feel the greatest! Oh well such is life. And a sad moment today the crib went away and mater moved into a big boy bed its kind of sad! My baby is a big boy now!!
Well hope all is good over your way ttys!! Did you do anything fun for spring break?? Oh and Congrats on your 300th post awesome!!
Post a Comment