Monday, 31 December 2007
We're going to party like it's1999
No, seriously. I think 1999 was the last time I went out for New Years Eve. Oh the boring lives we lead. We were supposed to go to a party last year, but just around this time my babysitter cancelled. Leaving me pretty ripped up and I think I'm still a little annoyed with her because she's done a few more delightful stunts this year too. So I told Mike the last time it happened that I think she's getting to be too old to babysit. She probably thinks so too. But doesn't want to turn us down. Anyway, this year we got invited to two parties. I know, we're such animals. So we're leaving in the next half an hour to party into 2008. I am actually really excited for this upcoming year. I'm not sure why, but I'm just ready for this year to end. So here I sit, at the laptop, waiting for my shirt to come out of the dryer. I really wonder if I'm cut out for new years eve. I'm already tired. It's been a long day. For family night last night we put away the Christmas decorations. Fun, I know. Aaron wasn't happy about putting stuff away. So today was cleaning up the aftermath. Vacuuming, dusting, reorganizing etc. The kitchen looked like something exploded in it, which it does every Sunday night. So today I spent most of my time in the kitchen. We had the missionaries over for dinner so I started making buns around 1. And the sloppy joes went in around 2 the second batch of buns went in around 3:30 I think and I was making spinach dip and lunch and everything else that seemed to be in the kitchen today. But now most of the dishes are done. And I'm a bit bored. Mike's upstairs boxing on the Wii. I didn't even find a babysitter until last night. It is so hard to find good help these days. And since it is new years eve Mike and I decided that maybe if we paid more, we'd have an easier time to get help. Now realize that our kids were in bed by 7:30 and basically all the sitter has to do is make sure that the house doesn't catch fire. So I'm not sure what she'll do, but if it was me I'd play the Wii and watch movies. So we're paying her 10 bucks an hour. Nice. The easiest 50 bucks she'll ever make. But honestly I was so glad to find a sitter that I was willing to pay just about anything. We ended up finding a college student who is home for the holidays. Her family just moved here 7 months or so ago and so she doesn't have any friends since she was basically in school most of the time. So I was thrilled that she had no other plans. :) I might even leave her some spinach dip too. :) Anyway, I need to leave in 5 minutes and my shirt is still wet. I'm not sure how that happened because I know it's been drying for over an hour now. Whatever. So Happy New Year everyone and I promise one of these days I"ll post Christmas pics. You'd think it would be easier now that I have the laptop (compliments of Mike for Christmas) Anyway, have a good one! ttyl, L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy New year Laura this is the year !!! I know it!! For what who knows but its going to be good !! Did you have fun at your party hope so!! We had fun at ours haven't even been to one since yours at the church (I had fun) Anyway glad you found a babysitter!! Well I'm excited for routine someday soon!!! And I'm going to be 32 Next week crazy crazy hard to believe when we start getting older !!!! Oh well thats life!! Well TTYL YOU ROCK !!!
Happy New YEar! I agree...this is the year of Laura. :) Hope you had a fun time!
Hey, I'd come over and watch your kids for 50 bucks!!!!!!!!! LOL! Call me next time! hehe! Glad you had so many social events to hit up. Hope they went well for ya!
Post a Comment