Monday, 17 December 2007
Sunday Peeves
As most of you know, Sunday is probably my least favorite day of the week. I feel stressed and high strung for most of the day and for me it is not a day of rest or even a day of contemplation. My only moments of peace are when church starts until they are done the sacrament. The kids are pretty quiet, anticipating what's in the diaper bag. But I must say that I have a hard time with some of the people in our ward. My biggest pet peeve about Sunday are adults who carry on conversations during church and more particularly during the sacrament. Last week the Bishop's wife and the Laurel teacher sat behind us (her husband is in the Bishopric too) and they talked all through the first part of church, through all the songs right up until the prayer was said for the sacrament. I was LIVID. If I can keep my children quiet and not playing with toys (by myself, since Mike is usually passing or blessing the sacrament) I think two grown women can shut up so I can try to get some spirit out of the meeting before the kids whip out the coloring books and I am no longer able to focus on the meeting. The exact same thing happened yesterday except it was the Primary President and the YW camp counsellor. They talked all through the opening song, the announcements, and through most of the sacrament hymn. It was all I could do not to turn around and to rudely ask them to be quiet so I could focus on the sacrament. Am I wrong in this? What is WRONG with these adults? And they're not even young adults. They are all grandparents, "important" people in the ward and they can't stop flapping their yap. If it happens again next week I am seriously going to loose it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh yeah, I'd be so annoyed by this! My friend and I used to pass notes occassionally in church, but it was mostly in prep for Primary and during dry, boring speakers, so I probably don't have much leverage in this argument, but I don't sit there yapping away during everything. ThAT IS SO RUDE!
I totally understand my worst is when somebody talks really loud to you durning somebody's lesson or durning sacrament and you know people are like whoa who is talking so loud! Its embarrassing and ya I'm to whatever to say can you talk quieter or not at all please!! You are the best!! Thanks for taking my cards !
Post a Comment