Sunday, 11 November 2007

such a pain in the neck

So Friday afternoon my neck started hurting and by Friday night I could hardly turn my neck. By Saturday it was over and I had no use of my neck at all and had to turn my whole body. Now I'm waking at 2:30 in the morning bawling because my neck hurts so bad and nothing is seeming to touch it and I can't sleep right and I can't sleep at all and I'm wondering why my neck is hurting. And I'm wondering when it will stop and how much longer I can walk around looking like an idiot. You should see me now. The girls and I didn't go to church today and I'm singing praises that they have nasty colds because I could look like at idiot at home much easier than looking like one at church. But anyway, every 6 hours I take a shower until all the hot water is gone (my hair has gone beyond frizzy) then I rub in some Deep Heating until the tears prick my eyes because of the sweet, sweet burning. Every 4 hours I'm popping IBprofin and I'm going to have to switch to tylenol in between because I've just about used my "allotted 24 hour dosage". I've got a huge scarf wrapped around my neck to keep the deep heat on and to keep the heat going. I usually feel good around the 2-5 hour mark. The 1 and 6 hour are painful (especially after a nap because the neck just aches like a demon) Anyway, so I just wanted to moan and complain because I've done nothing for 2 days because my neck can't work and I'm freaking out because I've got show choir and I can't be doing what I need to do looking and acting like a dork and my birthday is this week and I don't want to be hurting on my birthday. wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :'(

3 comments:

Mikaela said...

So my sister had this happen once, and she ended up having some sort of infection in her neck. So you might wanna go to the dr. to get it looked out! GL!

Stacy Wilson said...

hey rose, when this happens to mom she just goes to brother Funk and gets it adjusted. It happened to Brie when I was home last year and we had to take her to him too. I bet you just need to go have it adjusted. Which, I hear is really painful because your neck is so sore, but after it is over, it is instantly beter. Good Luck

Lauren said...

Hope you feel better! If you want to get stronger drugs, try a muscle relaxer.