Sunday, 8 April 2007
It didn't even feel like Easter today. All the kids at church were hyped up on candy. I don't know why my kids were having issues because we have made special arrangements for our Easter Bunny to show up on Easter Monday (Canada thing). But they were just as bad. I was ready to take Ky out and throw her against the wall. She just won't sit down. It doesn't help that just about every week Mike has to help pass the sacrament because we don't have enough Young Men to do it on their own. Grumble grumble. Now it's 9 p.m. and we've finished doing the eggs and what not and of course no one is on line. So I sit here and I don't know what to do. Mike's in bed already and I am not tired yet. I'm starving for some reason and I did snitch 3 pieces of Easter candy (no chocolate ones though...I'm not dumb) but I'm just craving all that candy that I know is right down stairs. The ONLY thing that is keeping me from doing just that is knowing that I weigh in tomorrow morning. And I didn't exercise on Saturday. So between the two of those things I'm trying so hard to be good right now when my brain is screaming FEED ME! I was looking at a bag of gummy's we got the kids for Easter. They were buzz light year sour gummies. They were pretty big, bigger than a toonie. And for four pieces it's 100 calories. (for those who aren't even aware of weight watchers, you can eat so many points per day. I'm currently working on 24 pts. You figure out a food's "point worth" by a little sliding calculator thingy and it goes by grams of fiber, calories, and grams of fat etc.) So for these 4 pieces of candy it was 2 points. I can have 1/2 a cup of my frozen yogurt for 2 points. What a waste! So I wasn't even tempted there. LOL. But I just find that I'm so bored on Sunday nights. This next week is Easter break for the kids and I'm looking forward to doing nothing. I'm trying to go visiting teaching this week and I'm sure we'll have a RS meeting this week too. Other than that, my calendar is blank. And it's just so beautiful. I got a call last week from Aaron's soccer organization. They wanted to know if I could coach one of the teams. Needless to say, I am still chuckling over it. Can you imagine. LOL. I'd have Abbie on my hip and Ky would be following me around or probably even in the game. I told her no, not this year. I let her know the ages of my kids and told her when they were grown up I'd think about it. So I'm trying hard to enjoy our last week of freedom because soccer and coach pitch will probably both start next week, which means going into Raymond every evening for about an hour to sit in the wind and the cold to watch Aaron do who knows what. But he's excited about it and that's all that really matters at this point. I must confess though, that I really hope that Aaron's cousin Jennie isn't on the same soccer team as he is. I really don't want to have to spend an hour 2x a week sitting near my sister in law who will be trying hard to ignore me as she talks loudly to all the people around her. I should have asked the lady who called and put in a special request since she's the one who is putting the teams together and she does know me. But I didn't think about it until later. So oh well. Keep your fingers crossed for me. And you might as well cross your toes too. So another random question I have is this. Why is Sunday the nicest day out of the week weather wise 9x out of 10? It has been cold and cloudy and snowy for a 8 days now and today dawns beautiful and bright, not a lot of wind and just perfect. 20 degrees and just a delightful day....but, it's Sunday. So a fat lot of good that does us. So now the rest of the week will be cool, windy, maybe sunny, but with wicked winds so the kids will be banned to the garage. Some times I really hate Spring in Southern Alberta. And this year we've seen some wicked wind. Anyway, check out the family blog tomorrow. I'm going to post all Easter pics and the pics all dressed up in their Sunday best! Have a delightful day and we'll ttyl. Love, L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment