Wednesday, 4 April 2007

Bring out the GONG and ring it LOUD. You guys are never going to believe the afternoon I had. It was such a joke that it really is humorous and I'm amazed that we made it all through in one piece. As I mentioned earlier, we went to Sweet Grass today. We left shortly after 2 and made it to the border around 2:50. We waited there for 15 minutes to get through and then another 15-20 minutes at the post office. I noticed once we crossed the border that the line to get back into the border was very long. If you're coming to Sweet Grass to cross into Canada, you go over a large hill and at the base of the hill is the border. You go down the hill, under a bridge and then there's the custom agents etc. Anyway, so when we crossed into Sweet Grass the line was to the bridge, so maybe half a mile long. On the way home, we had to wait at the on ramp for them to make a spot for us. The on ramp is close to the middle of this big hill. Needless to say we waited for 2 HOURS to get back into Canada in -3 degree weather. Stop, go, stop, go, stop, go. I finally just shut the car off because it was taking so long. So we left around 2 and didn't get home until 6 p.m. It was an enjoyable afternoon for the most part. Sure as the sun rises, as soon as we pulled on to 1-15 to get into Canada Ky announces that she has to go potty. Grumble. So she held it for 2 hours. By the time we got through we all had to go...and I mean, like a racehorse. LOL. Anyway, I thankfully remembered a box of fruit snacks on my way out the door, and Stacy thankfully packed me 2 books in the package she sent me and so the kids watched movies all afternoon and colored. I read my book and tried to ignore that my breaks were squeaking horribly. Gonna have to get that fixed. Anyway, you may now put the Gong away. LOL. Have a good one, L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rosie, rosie, rosie - I just laugh when i read your blogs. I hope there is some way you can save them - for years, thirty years from now you will just die! Surprised to hear about the four weeks off with no pay check. That sounds like a total shut down for summer plans. Not much way around that.