Saturday, 27 January 2007
well, week 3 is gone. And amazingly enough the weeks are really starting to fly by really fast. Which is kind of nice. Although I did have a hard time exersizing tonight. I just didn't want to. But alas, I did it anyway. So, all of my blisters are pretty much gone except for one on my right foot. It's on the outside of my foot, just down and to the left of my ankle bone. (I do still have ankles. Haven't gotten so bad that I have canckles!) Anyway, this week I walked 55.36 miles, burned 6445 calories and walked and estimated 129,802 steps. whew! I must admit that I am really enjoying my sundays a whole lot more since I don't exersize. I find delight it doing nothing but getting ready for church. So, on a random note, there is a family in our ward -The Nickles- and they are adopting a small family. They have 3 kids of their own, all daughters. The oldest will be 16 in a few weeks, then they have a 10 yr old and an almost 8 year old. They told Mike the other night that they are adopting. I am not sure all of the circumstances, but I know that they are adopting 4 kids that are all siblings (although they're all from different fathers). The oldest is a girl who is 12 (Brianna I think), then a 10 yr old boy (Michael) (this is where Mike couldn't remember any more names) a 4 yr old boy and a 6 mo. old girl. So, very interesting. Chad (the dad) is Mike's YM secretary and I am Barb's (the mom) visiting teacher. They are a very interesting family, but I must admit over the past year or so we've become friends and I actually enjoy them. They were an interesting family when they first moved in, but over the 3 or so years that they've been here they have calmed down a bit and are fun to be with. We play games with them often and they're just fun to joke around with. Anyway, it just came as a shock to me because I figured Barb would have said something when I went visiting teaching last week. But no. Sigh. Oh, to be left out of the loop. LOL (which is rare because of our callings. lol) Anyway, the kids are supposed to be here on Friday. Mike and several men from our ward were at their house today trying to child proof it a bit more and make it more safe for younger kids. So it's kinda interesting. It will be fun to watch what happens over the next little while. I couldn't imagine making our family bigger by 4 people - all at one time! LOL. Barb is our 2nd Sunday teacher in RS. I wonder if she'll let me hold the baby while she teaches! :D Such little delights to look forward to. Anyway, I'll report on monday with this weeks weight loss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment