Monday, 29 January 2007

Well, today has just been ONE OF THOSE DAYS. There was no school for the kids and Gary (brother in law) took our van in to Raymond Motors to get a few things fixed. I thought the day was going to be a delight. But alas, it wasn't. Aaron, Ky and Abbie have all cried today. Multiple times. I was ready to pull out my hair. Our van wasn't ready today like I thought it was going to be. They had to order in some parts and they took apart some of the van so it wasn't driveable. Well, Aaron had skating at 4:45 and I had no car. So I figured I'd have my sister in law take him. Well, she had basketball practise (of course). So I had to borrow her car and take all 3 kids without carseats into town, praying we didn't get pulled over. And since there is no dvd player in their car the girls and I had to sit and watch aaron skate. Which, needless to say, is a little embarassing. He stands out there on the ice and he won't bend his knees. So he never glides on the ice. Everyone else is zooming around and by the time he makes it to center ice, the lesson is half over. I'm a little annoyed at the coaching lady because I'm paying them to help him learn to skate, not to do little turns and spins on then ice. He was the ONLY boy out there today. I was feeling a little embarassed. Anyway, we get home and all abbie does is cry, cry , cry. My house is a disaster, Abbie won't stop crying, Aaron and Ky won't pick up their toys and Mike won't be home until 7 and then he's leaving to help a family dry wall. and I am just at my wits end. I don't know where my energy has gone today, but I could hardly make it up stairs for my last work out session. By the time I reached 60 minutes I thought I was going to fall off the treadmill. I just could not go on any more. And so now it's 9:30 and I am stiff and sore and I've got dishes in the sink and no van in the garage and dinner to make for a family tomorrow night and my vters coming at 11. Sigh. No rest for the weary. I should slip into bed before mike gets home. Anyway, I just wanted to vent about my crappy day. I just want my van back. And I want my feet to stop hurting. And I want some serious chocolate. I think today has been the worst withdrawls yet. And I don't know why. Anyway, I'm out. Love to all, L

3 comments:

Mikaela said...

I'm sorry you had such a downer yesterday. Maybe we crave chocolate the most when we need a little extra TLC! I hope you got your van back today and had a better day. It's nice when your VTs come though...breaks up the routine, and I generally clean my house! haha!

The Rose Family said...

Sorry that your day was so crappy! It always seems like the instant you try to start doin something really good for yourself, everything around you has to fall apart at exactly the same moment. I had a day like that yesterday and can sympathize a bit. Of course, no kids (lucky me!). Just know that I am thinking of you and know that it can only get better!

Anonymous said...

Laura I hope things are better today!! What a crappy day I hate days like that !! Flu here and hearing mom mom mom just about drove me nuts!!! But I really hope things are much better!! Good thing about a crappy day is we sure are more grateful when we get the things back that we need or miss the most (except chocolate my dear j/k) Well love ya and hope all is well !!! cb