Tuesday, 28 August 2012

OWI

Well, this week has gone much better than last week.  Thank goodness.  No more Zucchini Brownies for me.  (Except I think I'm going to have some on my birthday!)  This week I am down 3.4 pounds.  Which means....8 more pounds until I reach my goal weight.  And only .4 pounds until I hit the 50 pound mark for weight being lost.  Which means a picture of me next week!  (I know, you are all SO excited).  I'm just excited that I'm almost done.  I'm pretty happy where I'm at right now and I'm finishing because I set a goal and I'm determined to reach it.  But I'm pretty happy where I'm at.  So hopefully in the next 4 weeks I will reach my goal weight and will start the next phase of the diet.  I'll talk more about that as I get closer to the goal weight.  Although I'm pretty excited because it will involve bread and fruit and cheese.  Sigh, oh cheese, how I have missed you!!!

School starts up in a week and I'm pretty excited.  I'm excited to get back to a "normal" schedule.  I'm excited for the kids to be busy again.  I am NOT excited about all the driving to and from lessons, but that's just the way it's going to be.  I've changed the hours at the library and should now be done my shift at work at 3.  So that will be nice.  I'll have to go in earlier, but I've been going in early all summer.  The kids will be off to school by 7:30 and I'll have at least 3 hours to get my "work" at home done.  (Exercise, scriptures, cleaning etc)

Remember when we won the free photo shoot? Arianne is Everglow Photography and she is amazing.  Have a PEEK at some of her family shoots.  Our pictures are set up for the 15th and I'm VERY excited and nervous!!  I have to find clothes for us to wear and a location for us to go and I'm just eeeeeee!  I have a few thoughts on locations, but no idea for clothes.  I have no sense of style what so ever.  I'd rather wear a t-shirt and flip flops with my favorite pair of jeans.  But these pics are IMPORTANT!  I don't know if we'll ever have a professional take our pictures again.  So they have to be perfect.  And I have no idea what to wear!! Thankfully we're headed to the lake later this week and we'll shop until we find the perfect stuff.  I know what jeans I'm wearing...and that's about it.  I'm also thinking I'd like to buy some boots.  But not for the pictures.  I don't want our pictures to look too fall-ish.  So wish me luck in the shopping department.  I've already told Mike what my plans are and I also told him he might be wearing something he doesn't normally wear.  I just hope some store somewhere has SOMETHING that we can use!

And on top of all of this I'm trying to get more organized and to make our house a home.  The office is cleaned out and I'm still humming and hawing over paint.  Ky has the colors she wants, I just don't know what to pick for layout.  Feature wall?  Stripes?  Mike just shakes his head.  He's not thrilled at all this "work" I'm making him do.  I'm also getting geared up to do the back splash in our kitchen.  We've talked of doing a back splash since the kitchen was redone and it just hasn't happened in the past 8.5 years.  So I'm going to do it!  I hope it doesn't look like poo!  I'm also putting myself on a cleaning schedule....if I'm brave enough to try it.  Years ago I had one (like when I just had Aaron) and it seemed to work ok.  Now I have tons more stuff to do and am a million times busier, but our house does need to be cleaner.  So I'm trying to buck myself up and just get my cleaning calendar scheduled and printed.  I have about 10 self help books checked out from the library on organizing and cleaning.  I hope it helps.  Right now the elephant is looking pretty big and I don't know if I'll be able to eat it.....even with small bites.  So wish me luck.

Hmmm, I think that's about it for this week's update.  And don't worry, the being more organized will also include the Monday menu's.  So until next week (I'll be posting back to school AND pics of me too!!)  Have a gooder!  L

No comments: