Sunday, 18 September 2011

Catch up #1

{FYI:  I changed the size of my pictures and now the whole thing is kinda off center.  So ignore and I'm working on it...}

On our 12th Anniversary this year we went hiking....as a bishopric. Fabulous. LOL. Actually it wasn't that bad because if it was left up to Mike and I on our own we would have gone to a movie and had dinner. So this was great because we spent the whole day without kids and with some fun adults and we even got some shopping done (a few more Christmas gifts off my list and I even picked up some bday party gifts for the gift box). AND we went to dinner too. It was a good day. Even though it was August, there was still a lot of snow on the hike we went on. But it wasn't snow, it was more like slushy steps of death. I'm not going to lie....I totally fell. And it's scary to slip and all you see is snow and oh look the edge of the mountain. So needless to say I was glad when we got under the snow again and had just muddy grass to walk in.  {the caption for the pictures will be under the picture}

 that's our Bishop and the super slippery snow!
 looking down, if you slip, this is where you go.  no stopping until you hit the green or the shale, take your pick
 this is the Bishop's wife, and the trail.  They put poles in the ground to show you where the trail is supposed to be.
 and the summer run-off
 us....ps. mike wishes he was that tall.  lol
 happy anniversary!
 this is what we were hiking to...the hidden lake
 it reminded me a lot of the sound of music hills
 this is Sam, the mountain goat
 now, this picture has a funny story.  You're not supposed to step off the trail.  And you're really not supposed to get close to the wildlife.  So as Mike was seeing how close he could get to the goat you hear this little boy voice ring out "mama!  look at that man!  he's being stupid.  you're not supposed to get close to the goats." 
 the side of the mountain
 this is where we ate lunch.  don't let this water fool you...it's freezing cold!!  and no, there is no photo shopping involved.  Just my little camera.  (so imagine what it REALLY looked like)
 some scenery around where we stopped for lunch
 etc
the roots on some of these trees were fabulous.  The whole time we were here all I could think about was how great it would be to get our family pictures done here.  We'll see.  Maybe once I get a job we could afford a photographer for a day.  {probably not if Mike has his way, but a girl can dream right?}

Song:  A Walk in the Forest (Yiruma)

2 comments:

The Robson Clan said...

that is my most favorite place in the whole wide world! too bad my hubby isnt much of the hiking outdoorsey type :( It looks like you guys had a total blast!

Mikaela said...

Okay, that's AWESOME you went hiking to such a beautiful place. That looks like so much fun, and it's so awesome you're in such great shape to have done such a hike. Glad you had a fun anniversary. The pictures are really pretty!