For those interested, I posted Abbie with her new glasses on the kids' blog. It's private, so if you want to read it, you need to send me your email. I'm not sure how I feel about them. Right this second I don't really like them. I think she looked cuter without them. But, maybe it's because I took the pictures when she came in from the wind after a long day and her hair looks....uh....windblown and so I'm hoping that's why I don't really like her glasses right now. But I'm sure it will grow on me right? But the other problem with her glasses is that I wanted a fun/funky pair, but her face is small so all the glasses were huge on her. And my sister said that the funky glasses made her look too old. Pity. :D Oh well, when she's 7 insurance will cover new frames so hopefully she'll have a bigger face by then. LOL.
More news. Mike came home last night and let me know that he's taking another "course" kind of like the CASB with the CA test, but different. He'll have homework due every month (as apposed to every week) and he'll have a study group and he'll have to occasionally go to Calgary and next summer will have to go to Whistler, BC for a week. For what you ask? He's going to be a Tax Specialist. Sounds exciting huh? Uh-huh. So I'm excited for him because he gets to go and do something new. I'm also excited because I said when he's done his week course in June that I'm taking a girls weekend off and I can hardly wait for that. Oh, and I forgot, in case I didn't mention this before, Mike is now a partner at the accounting firm. That happened in August. We hold 3%. Go big spender. LOL. But he's happy so I'm happy.
Show choir is up and running again. They met a few times during the summer and I wasn't here..duh. So my first meeting is on Tuesday. I'm excited to hear the music for the show and maybe even some ideas will start flowing. I've been asked to be a director and I have no idea what that entails, but as I told them when they asked, I'm already up to my armpits, what's over my head?
School starts Monday. I'm VERY excited. And a little sad. Sad that I have to get my lazy body out of bed before 6:45 and sad that I have to get my fat body back on the treadmill. Oh pity me people, pity me. The good news, all 3 kids will be in school. The better news? I'm on a rotation with kindergarten pick up and I only have to pick up kids one week a month. Could I ask for anything better? I'm hoping to get my house clean, and my exercising done, and the scriptures read and on those special Fridays where Abbie goes to school I'm heading to the temple. SUPER duper excited about that. So if anyone wants to go with me, I'll always be looking for a temple buddy. But Friday Kindergarten doesn't start until October.
Hmmm, I think that's about it. I went through all my pictures tonight and for the next little while I'll probably be posting once a day on both sites, but for sure on the kids one (I have more to say about them anyway.) So that should keep everyone happy. On the schedule for this fall we've got piano for Ky and Aaron, dance for me, Abbie and Ky and I'm thinking of Aaron starting a theater group instead of playing sports. We'll see. Finances seem to be a bit tight (see the 3% of partnership....it probably won't start paying for itself until next year. So I'm feeling the squeeze. Thankfully, most of our Christmas presents are already bought.) So it's going to be busy, like always, but hey, you all know I wouldn't want it any other way!!
ttys, L
1 comment:
I want to be added to the kids blog! My email is baby_duce@hotmail.com
:)
--Jeanna
Post a Comment