In less than 12 hours the kids will be back in school. They really aren't lying when they say this is the most wonderful time of the year!! But along with getting back to school also means getting back on schedule. Within the next week we'll be back into piano lessons {2}, dance lessons {3}, musical theater {maybe}, cubs and show choir. We'll be back to chore charts and reading charts and menu planning. I'll be back on the treadmill and back to eating good again {I'm snacking on an ice cream sandwich as I write this}.
But I'm thinking it's about time. I'm ready to have my calendar fill up and to have things to do and people to talk to etc. I am also glad because I'm no longer on parent council. I'm not even going to sign up to be room mom. I'm going to chillax and get my life in order. {Although I'm thinking of volunteering at the school library whenever they need me and at the town library one morning a week, if they'll let me}
But I'm thinking it's about time. I'm ready to have my calendar fill up and to have things to do and people to talk to etc. I am also glad because I'm no longer on parent council. I'm not even going to sign up to be room mom. I'm going to chillax and get my life in order. {Although I'm thinking of volunteering at the school library whenever they need me and at the town library one morning a week, if they'll let me}Today in church the topic was along the lines of making the most of your time and not letting electronics run our lives (hmmm, I might have a facebook addiction). So I'm thinking that it's time for me to turn my life to more important things. Now, normally at this time I'd make a whole list of things I'd like to do and maybe I'd accomplish 2 of them. So I'm going to try and every month work on something new to develop new talents or maybe just to help me be more organized.
In September I want to get my house clean. This will take all year, so we'll make it smaller. In September I'm going to clean the toy room. I will get rid of old toys, broken toys, ripped books etc. I will wash the walls and clean the windows. I'll do the baseboards and organize the closet (eeek). I will clean off the computer desk. I know there is a desk under here somewhere, but all I can see are papers right now. I will get my files in order and put my banking statements away. And then once our tax return comes (don't get me started) I'll be getting one of these!
{Costco} I'm super excited. And I'm going to get a great chair. Right now I'm sitting on a folding chair and pretty much my tailbone will be killing me by the time I'm done writing this.
{Costco} I'm super excited. And I'm going to get a great chair. Right now I'm sitting on a folding chair and pretty much my tailbone will be killing me by the time I'm done writing this.
The second thing I'd like to work on are my FHE folders. I've been given or have done Enrichments on FHE lessons and they're all in my room....somewhere. I'm going to organize them, go through them, color them, paste them, laminate them and file them. It's time for the kids to start giving the lessons in fhe and this will make it easier on them AND on me.
And that's what I'll be doing this month. I'm also going to lose 10 pounds this month.
All of that will be weight I've gained over the summer. But as of this morning I've gained more than 10 pounds so this is going to take a while to come off. But I'm going to do it. I've got my dress hanging on the wall in my room and I'm thinking of putting one up by the treadmill. I've got season 4 of Lost ready to go and all I need now are the kids to go to school!! Yeah, the treadmill is calling my name.
All of that will be weight I've gained over the summer. But as of this morning I've gained more than 10 pounds so this is going to take a while to come off. But I'm going to do it. I've got my dress hanging on the wall in my room and I'm thinking of putting one up by the treadmill. I've got season 4 of Lost ready to go and all I need now are the kids to go to school!! Yeah, the treadmill is calling my name. Anyway, I'll keep you posted on my months goals throughout the month. And if I don't, feel free to ask me about them. I'll try to take pictures (please don't judge me because of the toy room!!) and we'll have some fun!!
1 comment:
i love your blog!!! and i really want a treadmill...you've inspired me...i've got tons of season to watch haha good luck with all your goals and you are one strong woman to tackle a toy room first, post pics
Post a Comment