So Mike's graduation is next Friday in Calgary and Saturday night there is a nice dinner and it's super nice, like black tie nice. And since the last fancy dress I bought was my wedding dress I'm a little out of practise. Not to mention a lot bigger than I was then (wistfully sigh). So this past month has been a nightmare of trying on dresses and trying to find formal wear in Lethbridge, which is laughable. I ended up having to order $2000 worth of dresses out of the Sears catalogue to try on. And I did end up finding something. But of course it needs alteration. So here's the dress


and I want sleeves just above my elbows and it will be more fitted to my...uh...chest than more to the side of the body. And it's not going to have ribbon on it like that. But you get the idea. I also need to find shoes (eek) and a girdle. LOL. Anyway, I'll keep you posted. Oh, we might have to add something to the top of the dress (she said lace and I almost died. I HATE lace). I'd also like to add tooling (sp) to the bottom. I haven't asked her about that yet, but I will today. It might be a little too young looking for me. You know, I am almost 30. LOL. Anyway, I'm late to get Ky so I'll ttyl.
5 comments:
Super cute dress. Are you getting your hair done and all that? I mean, this is the closest thing to the prom you're going to get now that you're "old"! lol You'd best be taking loads of pics so we can see your sexy self! :) Sounds like a fun night!
I'm probably not going to get my hair done, but I am hoping to get my nails done next week. And I'm annoyed. I totally forgot to look at shoes today. So that's another trip in. Poop. Anyway, I'll keep you posted
cute cute cute! good luck with all the alterations! They can be pricey and frusterating! so, you should totally get your hair done! i love getting mine done and it usually isnt that pricey for me, i would get my hair doneover getting my nailsdone any day!
Finding a formal dress is such a HUGE hassle! I know what you are going through. I found two cute ones that I will probably wear for the next 10 years. They are both V-neck and I still have to safety pin them closed a little bit. Ugh. Good luck with the shoes and all.
cute dress I love it good luck with all the alters! you will be stunning my dear have so much fun I can't wait to see pics!! Totally get your hair done you will feel like a million bucks and baby you deserve it!! Sounds like fun for sure! ttys
Post a Comment