Sunday, 27 July 2008

And the new calling is....

Primary Secretary. Surprise! Actually I was really surprised. I thought I was going to be a teacher so I was shocked to say the least. In the past 3 years I have been secretary in all organizations allowed women secretaries. In 2005 I was in YW, 2006-2008 RS and now Primary. They are excited to have me, which is a relief because I know I over stayed my last calling. I wasn't quite so loved there. But they want me to organize them and just do what I do best I guess. I will admit that I wasn't thrilled about the calling after having my heart set on being a primary teacher, but there is no harder calling than RS Secretary, so hopefully I will have some fun. It's awesome to be in with the kids. It's nice to know what they're learning and what we're supposed to be working on. I LOVE the President and her counselors and I'm ready for something new. I'm going to take is slow though and try not to burn myself out in 18 months. :D Anyway, all is well. Mike is in Calgary for his course. We spent a few days up north with my brother -in-law and sister-in-law for my nephew's baptism (which I missed the actual baptism because Abbie had to go potty. grrr) and then we got home and tried to get organized for the sabbath. Tomorrow is laundry and whatever else i decide to do. Probably ironing and cleaning the kitchen. I'm hoping Mike will want to go to the lake on Thursday afternoon/evening. The plan is to do our shopping Thursday for food and what not and then spend all weekend at the lake (minus the 30 minutes I'm going to take buying BREAKING DAWN on Saturday morning). But I'm not sure if Mike is going to want to do that. He's the one who suggested it, but he'll probably change his mind by the time he gets home from Calgary. And then on Monday we'll be heading to Boise to see Stacy! and I'm so super duper excited. But now, it's time to get the kids ready for bed time (yay! my fav time of day) and then I"m going to work on some Primary stuff. Ha. I actually typed RS there first. Whew. I'm glad that's over with. Anyway, we'll ttyl!!

Laura

2 comments:

Stacy Wilson said...

yeah on the new calling! I hope you have fun with it

KrishasKrew said...

Hi Laura, it is Krisha (Chittock) I found you blog surfing through Chico people- to your cousins-to you! Hope you don't mind if I pass your address on to my sisters?!? I have been Primary Sec going on 3 years, hope you have as much fun as I do!!