I have nothing new to post here. My sister was complainig (see our family blog) that I don't publish enough. I mean I do have 2 blogs to run. Sheesh. I don't know anyone else that has two blogs going with numerous posts per week. Anyway, so Stacy and my friend Rachel are both pregnant (and due a day apart. We should start a pool to see who has their baby first. You interested Erin? LOL) Anyway, so I'm starting the blankets and Stacy was a party pooper and wants to see hers now. So I'm posting her blanket.
I haven't started working on it yet, I decided to do Rach's first for various reasons (like I'm out of thread for Stacy's). Anyway, so I've been working on those this past week. I had forgotten how much I enjoy crocheting. So if anyone else if pregnant let me know because I'm sure I'll be done these in a few weeks and ready to do some more. This week is going to be a relativley quiet week. We have a ward temple trip on Wednesday, but I have to go visiting teaching because my partner, who is less active, is leaving for Hawaii the next day and she really needs the influence/experience of visiting teaching. So if we can go early enough we might be able to squeeze in the temple trip. Which will be nice because we haven't gone for a while. I think I went with the RS sisters in December, but it's been a few months since Mike and I have gone together. Other than that, my calendar is blank so far. I mean we have the normal stuff like Abbie's preschool on Wednesday, but that's normal. I've been working on show choir a lot too. So far I just have the music for the two songs "The New Girl in Town" from Hairspray and "Rock this City" which has 3 songs all combined: "We Built this City" "R.O.C.K in the U.S.A." and "Land of a Thousand Dances" So I've been working on both of them. I've watched Hairspray so many times it's not even funny. But I'm finding it hard to do the dance because in the movie the song is a lot quicker. And then have the black ladies singing and their music is faster too. And it's not really like that in our music. I mean the music does pick up a bit towards the end, but it sounds like revival music (I picked up Sister Act to see if I could get any inspiration from that). But all of these songs are 60's music and they had a million different dances and they were all wacked out. So I'm working on them. I've checked out so many movies. LOL. Grease, Dirty Dancing, Footloose, Saturday's Warrior (for that dance they do about the Zero Population song), Sister Act, Sister Act 2, That Thing You Do, and West Side Story. And these are just the ones from this week. Last week I had Dreamgirls (they do some 60's stuff in the beginning) and Dirty Dancing Havana Nights. But I've come to realize that dirty dancing is all they do. They didn't have any "normal" dancing. At least nothing that I could use. And since this is a mainly LDS community everything has to be approved. Which is fine by me. So we'll see if I can get any inspiration. Oh and plus I have about 8 dance tapes from home. So I've been going through those. But there is no 60's stuff. I'm hoping to pick up "Ease on Down the Road" and I know that my sister Paige danced to that so I might pull some ideas from that one too. Anyway, so that's the extent of my week I believe. Have a good one and I'll try to post some random something or other during the week to keep the hounds at bay. love to all, L
I haven't started working on it yet, I decided to do Rach's first for various reasons (like I'm out of thread for Stacy's). Anyway, so I've been working on those this past week. I had forgotten how much I enjoy crocheting. So if anyone else if pregnant let me know because I'm sure I'll be done these in a few weeks and ready to do some more. This week is going to be a relativley quiet week. We have a ward temple trip on Wednesday, but I have to go visiting teaching because my partner, who is less active, is leaving for Hawaii the next day and she really needs the influence/experience of visiting teaching. So if we can go early enough we might be able to squeeze in the temple trip. Which will be nice because we haven't gone for a while. I think I went with the RS sisters in December, but it's been a few months since Mike and I have gone together. Other than that, my calendar is blank so far. I mean we have the normal stuff like Abbie's preschool on Wednesday, but that's normal. I've been working on show choir a lot too. So far I just have the music for the two songs "The New Girl in Town" from Hairspray and "Rock this City" which has 3 songs all combined: "We Built this City" "R.O.C.K in the U.S.A." and "Land of a Thousand Dances" So I've been working on both of them. I've watched Hairspray so many times it's not even funny. But I'm finding it hard to do the dance because in the movie the song is a lot quicker. And then have the black ladies singing and their music is faster too. And it's not really like that in our music. I mean the music does pick up a bit towards the end, but it sounds like revival music (I picked up Sister Act to see if I could get any inspiration from that). But all of these songs are 60's music and they had a million different dances and they were all wacked out. So I'm working on them. I've checked out so many movies. LOL. Grease, Dirty Dancing, Footloose, Saturday's Warrior (for that dance they do about the Zero Population song), Sister Act, Sister Act 2, That Thing You Do, and West Side Story. And these are just the ones from this week. Last week I had Dreamgirls (they do some 60's stuff in the beginning) and Dirty Dancing Havana Nights. But I've come to realize that dirty dancing is all they do. They didn't have any "normal" dancing. At least nothing that I could use. And since this is a mainly LDS community everything has to be approved. Which is fine by me. So we'll see if I can get any inspiration. Oh and plus I have about 8 dance tapes from home. So I've been going through those. But there is no 60's stuff. I'm hoping to pick up "Ease on Down the Road" and I know that my sister Paige danced to that so I might pull some ideas from that one too. Anyway, so that's the extent of my week I believe. Have a good one and I'll try to post some random something or other during the week to keep the hounds at bay. love to all, L
No comments:
Post a Comment