Tuesday, 19 February 2008

Telephone Hour

So before I get into Telephone Hour I just want to let everyone know that we had a dumping of snow last week and it has wrecked our phone service. And so since our phone is having issues our internet is having issues. I can usually log in at 45.6 kbps but since the snow I've been logging on as 21.6 kbps and that just makes everything 8x as longer to load stuff up. For an example, I'm getting ready to choreograph Bye Bye Birdie's "Telephone Hour". There are a couple of cute dances on YouTube and so I went to watch one today to see if I could get a few ideas. The song is 3:03 minutes long and it took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to view the whole 3 minutes. Rediculous! Anyway. So, back to the song. When I was told that we were doing this song I was really not impressed. I hadn't seen the movie (totally cheesy by the way) and the song seemed really stupid and I had no idea how to choreograph it. Well, then I watched the movie, watched the 2004 version that show choir did, and watched a little YouTube. Now I LOVE the song. LOL. The kids and I walk around the house singing "Going steady, Going steady, Going steady, steady for good." I've had several good ideas about how I want to stage it all. I'm a little nervous about 2 things. The first one being I'm going over everything with Sue (she's my "boss". She gets the songs and teaches the kids and deals with them one on one with the solos, she gets the songs and I help her, but everything has to be approved by her.) Anyway, so I called her Sunday so I could set up an appt with her (her daughter just had a baby and she's leaving for about 10 days.) I told her I looked the movie over and the show choir tape and I had a good idea of what I'd like to do. She then answered "Yeah, we pretty much want to keep it the same, maybe add a few different things, change what didn't work last time." Uh,----oops. I thought the last production of Telephone Hour was a joke. The dance steps were Lame and Hugo and Kim (the love interests of the song) acted like they were brother and sister instead of boyfriend and girlfried. Can I just say akward (is that how you spell that?) Anyway, so I have had visions of gradure of how I want the song to play out. I'd like to get a real couple (from our show choir kids) and see if they can act in love. LOL. But anyway. So I'm nervous on that front because I want to basically change the whole song. So I present to her on Thursday. Then the next Thursday while she's gone to Nebraska I am in charge of presenting "our" idea to the Show Choir board. Mmmm. Serious intimidation. I presented show choir last week and it went ok. Once they knew that I had the dance prepared they wanted me to do it. I was embarrassed because I'm hoping the dance will look a lot better than a grossly overweight 28 year old in jeans and a nasty shirt bee bopping around. Sheesh. So this time I'm not going to tell them I have the dance steps ready. But hopefully they won't want any examples either. So wish me luck on Thursday with Sue. I"m hoping she gives me the A-OK because I'm thrilled to death with the "vision" I see in my head.

And in other random news. The kid and I went to Great Falls yesterday. It was a long day. I did do a little "fun" shopping, but mainly I was there to get food. Mike and the scouts are going on a Winter Camp on Thursday and so I bought food for them and food for us and lets just say I left at 8 a.m. and didn't get home until 9:30. I was exhausted. But I bought the kids new crocs (payless brand) and I'm thrilled because they are so hard to find up here. And Aaron got some cleats. He's a size 10.5 and unless you're actually into the "kid" shoe of size 1 instead of the toddler shoes you can't find any. So it was BOGO at payless so Aaron got 2 shoes and the girls each got one. So I was happy about that. I also FINALLY bought Apples to Apples. For the past 2 years one of my sibblings have given us money to buy it, but we always spend the money because it's always nice to have cash when you go to the states (for McDonalds etc) So I finally remembered to add it to my list and picked it up yesterday. Finally. :) And of course I went to Old Navy, Target, Payless, Bath and Body Works, Joanns, Walmart and I bought a SAMs club membership. Much to Mike's dismay. LOL. But I'm tired of being without one. :) So I found some cute stuff there too, but I didn't buy it because I was there in the name of scouts buying scout food. (so I threw in some shaving cream just to have a laugh. I can see the bishop asking why the boys need Skintamet) LOL. Anyway. So Mike is leaving us on Thursday coming home Saturday some time. I'm looking forward to having the bed to myself. Abbie has been staying in her own bed and it's been sooo nice. So I'm looking forward to that. I have a few good books from the library and I'm going to do nothing but read and go to my meeting. LOL. Anyway, hopefully our internet will speed up soon so I can check out the news from everyone else! love to all, L

No comments: