Tuesday, 15 May 2007

Ah Ha!

Well, now I feel totally dumb, because that was the easiest thing in the world to do (I'm talking about adding the title bar). So I will now have titles! Hip Hip Hooray! (Thanks Amy). Anywho. So this weekend was mother's day and Abbie's birthday. So on the family site I'll post the pics but be forewarned there is no "special cake" our cake pan didn't make it in time so we will be having our blue's clues cake in June. I was really disappointed at first, but she's only 2 and we did have cake and no one except my sister-in-law seemed to care. Uh, I got my first sunburn of the season yesterday (it's so nice to have color when you've been looking at pasty white all winter). I usually stop wearing make up during the summers because why would anyone try to make themselves look whiter? So we stick to the bare minimums. Chap stick and mascara. Eyeshadow if we're going somewhere nice. Like church. LOL. The weight loss has been at a stand still for the past few weeks. I haven't lost any and I haven't gained any. I'm pleased with the 28 pounds I've lost thus far. And I promise when I hit the 30 pound mark I'll post a picture! Not a full body pic - sorry people, but one of the shoulders and up. LOL. It's nice to be able to see cheek bones again! (so that's where the blush goes) The days are getting longer and I'm finding myself a bit happier. Not so happy at night when it takes the kids 3 hours to fall asleep, but we're trying to work on that. But my lilacs have budded out and we're hoping for some good flowers in the next few weeks. But we also noticed the mosquitoes are out in full swing. So we'll have to start wearing bug spray (I hate that smell) from here on out I guess. Aaron got bit several times yesterday at his soccer game and the girls both have a few and I've got a good one. I hate those things. They just swarm all over. Today is going to be a nice day I'm almost looking forward to Aaron's baseball so I can sit and enjoy the weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be 27 degrees (which is down right HOT so we'll be breaking out the shorts, just to put them away again for Friday when it's supposed to rain and be 15) But that's how it goes up here. shorts won't be permanently out until July. And even then I still make the kids wear pants until about 10 because it's still quite cool out. And speaking of summer and summer things I have talked to Mike about the CA trip. And basically it comes down to this. If we can afford to send us out then we'll be heading out. So we're still waiting for our tax return and then we'll see what we need to do from there. I should be coming this week, but knowing us it will still be 3 more weeks. Sigh. But at least Mike didn't say no! I'm hoping we can also get a garden in soon. Anyway, I think that's about everything. I'll try to get pics up of Abbie's bday so check the familycircus in a day or so. Love to all, L

No comments: