So, what a gong show the past couple of days have been. It all started Saturday night with the RS Newsletter that I print out every month. My program kept shutting down on me and the first few times I didn't save. So I ended up being totally stressed and having to do most of the newsletter on Sunday because of the computer issues. So that made us later than normal for leaving for church so I was pretty much stressed out the whole time. To be reminded on the way to church that Aaron had scripture that day. Hello. So needless to say by the time we got home to get dinner going I was pretty much shot. Then on to Monday. Aaron & Ky were in my room at 3:15 a.m. wanting "breakfast cereal" I seriously almost lost it. Thankfully, I was too tired to even pretend to be mad so I just sent them back to bed. Abbie, who had been in our bed since midnight, had to be moved back to her bed and then she decided to wake up at 3:30 and was awake until 5:30. Well, she and Ky were awake that whole time. I don't know what Ky's ordeal was, but I was pretty angry with her. So at 5:30 I told her that if she came out of her room one more time she was going to get a spank. Then I shut the door and miraculously enough she did. And I didn't hear a peep from her. I told Mike that during the summer they are going to sleep with the door shut (although Abbie can open the doors now). Anyway, so finally at 5:30 I fell back asleep to be awakened at 7 by Mike. He needed to get his oil changed in the car and I needed to get up and make sure Aaron didn't miss the bus. (I was cursing the 7:40 bus pick up at this time). Ky was still sound asleep in her bed. But then abbie wanted to be picked up and mike wouldn't pick her up because he was leaving. So she started crying at 7:30 and cried until 8:45. Straight. I ha! I totally just got my days mixed up. I don't even know what day today is. Ok, the non sleeping night that was tuesday. But monday abbie did cry the whole morning and I couldn't figure out why. I had exersized at 6 a.m. and so I had to take a shower so we could get to preschool etc. Anyway, after I had my 5 minute shower with Abbie screaming in the hallway, I just picked her up and held her until she fell asleep. Then I called our preschool lady and told her that Abbie was having one of those mornings and that we probably weren't going to make it into preschool because I wasn't waking her up. Then later that day we had aaron's last skating lesson. He had a fundraiser that was due on Feb. 5th and it was supposed to be picked up on the 26th. So I was there ready to pick up a bunch of cookies and such and sure enough, they didn't have anything. The pick up has been postponed. So needless to say, I wasn't very happy in the least. But on the bright side, Mike bought us a new kitchen table and it's very nice. It has a table setting for 8! and it's a deep cherry wood, which doesn't really match our house, but we bought it for the dining room we're going to have in the house we build in 4 years. So hopefully we can keep the table nice enough. It came with some pad (like a velvet on the bottom and then like a leather card table on the top) that is supposed to protect the table. So needless to say, those will be on 24/7 until the day comes that we can rest our table in it's own dining room used only for sundays and when guests come for dinner. But it's so neat. Anyway, so monday night was the no sleeping from 3-5:30. I didn't even try to wakt up for my 5:50 a.m. alarm. Ky ended up sleeping until 9:30 and so that was nice to just have one child instead of 2. As for Abbie, I am seriously about ready to string her up by her toes. She is constantly screaming and yelling and causing grief (can you tell it's been a long winter and if it doesn't start warming up soon, we might be finding mom in the mental house or us having one less child). I am seriously going to lock them outside this summer. I am so tired of the fighting and the arguing and the stupid crap. Sigh. Anyway, I don't even remember what this blog is supposed to be about. Oh and to make all matters better we have a least one mouse in the house. So I am not happy about that. And I am not happy about the fact that it is the last day of the month and I will be doing my visiting teaching tonight. Not happy at all. Anyway, I shouldn't be wasting time on line right now. I thought that writing would help me vent and make me feel better, but heaven help us that mom sits down for 5 minutes without the house falling to pieces. Anyway, I'm getting off before I say something I really regret. Although, on a funny note, I was reading in a book that begins each chapter with a fun quote and one of the quotes was Matthew 15:14 and when I read it I just laughed and laughed. It was the bright spot of my day. I didn't think it really said that in the bible so I looked it up and sure enough it did! It was delightful. So I'll leave you with this
Matthew 15:14 "And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch"
I just thought it was hilarious. I'm sure it has a great profound spiritual meaning that I don't want to get into right now, but just read it as words and not as scripture and it's kinda funny. So hopefully spring will arrive soon and save me. If not, the next few weeks could be my undoing.
2 comments:
poor rosie :) Have you had Abbie's ears checked?? Maybe she screams because she can't tell how loud she is :0 ( just trying to help out here) Ky is usually the one driving you around the bend - unusual that its abbie. Hang in there rosie
McKay's been somewhat crankly lately too. I know he's had his own set of problems, but I hear ya. I'm so tired of him going to a store or somewhere and just screaming out at the top of his lungs. Talk about ANNOYING and EMBARRASSING! I'm so ready for him to be able to fully communicate with me. This non-talking is so aggravating. I hope you have a better week this upcoming week! Glad you caught some of the litle creatures inhabitting your house...NOT FUN!
Post a Comment