Sunday, 2 November 2014

Indexing Death Records

So, I've realized this is why I stopped blogging.  I'm busy.  Lol.  And I don't have a lot to say anymore.  Or so I say.  You talk to me in person and I'll probably talk your ear off. 

Anyway, what I wanted to post on today is kinda sad.  I've been doing some indexing lately (I go through phases) and I have a little time here and there and can usually get a batch done in about 10 minutes depending on what it is.  So this past week I've been doing death records.  Seriously, the saddest thing ever.

Yesterday I indexed a whole apartment complex that exploded.  That was fun.  Seriously though.  Sad.  And it piqued my interest enough that I googled it and read all the details.  Not many survivors.  And if they did survive then the chances of their family surviving was nil.  The explosion was at 5a.m.  So everyone was asleep.  The ones who did make it were blown out of their windows and fell to the street.  Or someone who was more towards the back of the building.  SAD.

Then today there was the family that was in a car accident.  The driver in one car died and the whole family died in the other car.  There was a 1 year old.  It just breaks my heart.  The kid was probably sitting on his dad's lap (the mom was driving). 

Then not 5 minutes ago I indexed a 1 year old boy who's cause of death was listed as:  violent mutilating blow with an ax.  Homicide. 

SERIOUSLY?!  It just breaks my heart.  Not loving the death records. 

No comments: