So, maybe I'm a bit grumpy today. I've pretty much been grumpy this whole week. One night of 4 hours of sleep and the rest of the week is a crap shoot. Thankfully, there is no school tomorrow and as my son cheerfully reminded me this morning, I can sleep in. Even if it's for an hour. Even though there is no school tomorrow I'm still just as busy. Which pretty much stinks. I can remember the day when I had nothing better to do than read a book. I can remember the day when I could read a book in a day. Sure, nothing else got done, but that was ok. Now I'm so busy that my dirty house is SCREAMING at me and it's driving me crazy because I DON'T HAVE TIME! Sigh, those were the good old days. I just didn't know how good I had it. I try to tell myself that I need to give it a few weeks so that I can adjust and see how I can make it all work. So far....failure.
Anyway, that's not what I wanted to talk about today. Last weeks missing OWI.....basically, if I miss an OWI it's because I failed and have nothing good to report. I fell off the wagon 2 weeks ago and so when I weighed in, I was up two pounds. I didn't want to report that. I was furious with myself. I had 5.5 pounds to go and I shoved it back up to 7. something. So this week, I weighed in and I was down. Phew!! So from this week to 2 weeks ago I had lost 1.1 pounds. Not a huge number, but at least it's a pound. (From this week to last week it was 3.something if that helps make you {me} feel better) So, the last few weeks have been frustrating to say the least. I have stopped weighing myself every day. It's too hard on me. If I see the scale go up a little, or not move at all for a few days I get so angry because I'm doing everything I'm supposed to and not eating any of the guilty pleasures that surround me and I just get so tired of it all. So I'd fall off the wagon. Then getting back into it is all that much harder. And the thing that makes me the saddest is that I could have been to my goal weight by now if I'd never fallen off either time I decided to bail. I really didn't think the last 5 pounds would be this dramatic. (Like I need anymore drama)
So, the weighing in less is helping. So for now, I weigh in Thursday night and Sunday night and then my OWI is still Tuesday morning. The scale just has to be down the Thursday and Sunday from the last day I weighed in at night. I tell myself that my night weight is my "fake" weight, while my morning weigh in is the REAL weight. It's a little complicated, and a lot dumb, but it's what's working for me right now. So, as of Tuesday, I have 4.4 pounds to go. I.CAN.DO.THIS.
And in other news, Mike quit his job. The cliff notes version is we basically weren't getting paid. Since January we've been paid 2x. So because of that and a few other things Mike was done. So he's left the office and got a job in Raymond. Which is good because we're getting paid. There are a few down sides, but I'm hoping it's just my fabulous attitude towards everyone and everything right now that is making me think that way. So we're in a bit of debt and it's going to take a while to get back to where we are supposed to be. Mike is working with a lawyer and we are supposed to be getting paid what we are owed for Mike's work. But I'm of the attitude of I'll believe it when I see it.
In the good news department, we got our family pictures done. So here is the one that was put up on facebook. Since then I've had her photoshop a smile on Ky's face. But for some reason, the picture looked washed out. Grayer than the one on facebook. So I don't like it as much. I'm sure there is some way to fix it, but I'm too busy to figure it out right now. So I'll put them both on here. You can judge.


2 comments:
Hey Laura-- Just wanted to drop a quick line to tell you how proud of you I am for sticking with your diet and for jumping into your busy schedule with all that energy. You are a very good mother to sacrifice so much so that your kids can be so involved. Hope that everything with Mike's job and back-pay gets resolved without too much pain. Sounds like a rough few days all around for you, but you are doing great. Just wanted to make sure that you knew that and tell you that I am proud of you, friend.
These pictures turned out GREAT!!! What a beautiful family :-) You look AMAZING!!!
Post a Comment