Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Fat {RAWR} Tuesday

Well, today was weigh in day. I woke up this morning and weighed on my scale and I knew it wasn't going to be good. So the whole day pretty much rots. I'm grumpy and annoyed and grumpy and did I mention annoyed? Not to mention my 5 year old keeps saying "Mom, do you want to do something really nice for me? You can paint my toes!" Which I hate doing. But anyway, so I went to Clayton and sure enough I was EXACTLY the same as I was last time. Now here I can lie to you and tell you that it's because my body has reached a plateau and it's going to hang out at this weight for a little while before it gets ready to go down again. LIAR!! The truth is, I've gone out to eat 2x this past week (both times I sucked it up and ate a salad instead of the burger and fries I wanted - and now that I've lost no weight I regret that I didn't have that big juicy burger, because if you're going to cheat, you might as well knock one out of the park). Anyway, and then it was father and sons camp out and the girls and I bought treats. Ex-nay on reat-tays. AND I have hardly exercised in the past 2 weeks. I'm too tired to get up at the crack of dawn, not to mention that running outside is hard work and I just about hate every step I take. Then Mike has been getting up at 6a.m. for the past 2 weeks and going to work around 6:30. Well, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to get up at 5a.m. so I can run before he leaves. So I haven't been doing any of it. So I'm totally mad at myself and annoyed. And the thing is, I've been getting SO many compliments from people about how good I look etc that it ALMOST makes me want to just stay right here. But I don't want to stay right here, because that 36 pounds could come back and then I'd have to start all over again for the 3 or 4th time. So today I'm throwing myself a pity party and I'm eating yucky food for the rest of the day. Whatever I want to eat. AND I might even get a slurpee. Then tomorrow I'll pick myself back up and start again. I've called the treadmill people, I'm waiting for them to call me back. I am going to start going to aqua fit, but I can't go until the kids are done school because the class goes from 6:30 until 7:30 a.m. and the kids are on the bus at 7:40 and did you see where I mentioned that Mike's been going to work really early? (He says he can't sleep so he might as well go to work and work while he can get work done with no one bothering him) Anyway, so I'm going to go eat my lunch which consists of pizza pops and chocolate chip pecan cookies and I WILL do better for the next weigh in in 2 weeks. Thank you for letting me whine and complain about my total lack of control. I WILL do better than this.

4 comments:

LuCDay said...

At least you didn't gain weight, that's a plus right? A bunch of my friends use this website and swear by it. I just started using it a couple of weeks ago and am finally seeing a difference. Might be worth a try. I eat whatever I want, it just helps me control my portions.
http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/
Keep going!!!

LuCDay said...

When I said I'm "finally seeing a difference" I mean I've upped my workout a lot these past couple of months with no weight loss. It's all about the calorie!

Stacy Wilson said...

love you.

The Rose Family said...

we all beat ourselves up. but you are doing so great and having a pity day once in a while is perfect!! i'm rooting for you!