Thursday, 17 December 2009
I hate it when....
I love my husband dearly...about 98% of the time. He's patient and kind and is very mild tempered. Me, on the other hand am the complete opposite. I'm a grump. I can get beasty. I don't have a lot of patience with things. I expect things to be done and to be done in a time that is good with me and my schedule. When I get in a funk I can be in a bad mood for days. So he can usually sooth my rough edges. BUT when my husband is in a bad mood....Katie, bar the door. He is grumbly, he picks on the children, he's rude and mean, and gives me the cold shoulder. My sister calls them "mantrums" that he has and I have to agree. He's worse than a girl. He can not speak to me for days. For me, I am usually feeling bad at the end of the day and will try to make amends. If it is his "fault" that we're "not speaking" we could honestly go on for a week without saying one word. Anyway, for some unknown reason, Mr. Mantrum is in a bad mood tonight. I don't understand why. Yes, my house is a bit of a disaster, but you know what? I've been a little busy the past couple of days. Seriously. We went to the concert tonight for the kids {and some (*#$(@ illegally parked behind me and boxed me in.....I am STILL mad about it.} Anyway, he didn't help with dinner, he didn't help at the concert, he wouldn't use the camcorder - so I had to. After it was over it was ok, see ya, bye. And he walked out and left with me putting on snow coats, boots, and coats. Then I get to the parking lot. He sees my car blocked in. He laughs and then leaves us. Thankfully a kind woman and her husband guided my car around the idiot and we eventually made it home. Now, true. Two points for the man. 1) my parking spot was squeegeed out. So all the ice and the water was gone. Love that. 2) he had a fire going when we got home. Good man. But then, it's 7:47 and he's in watching TV. Uh, HELLO. We need to read scriptures, say prayers, do the stupid nativity calendar and then put the kids to bed. Then I have to start baking Aaron's treats for his class tomorrow. etc Nothing irritates me more than me working and he's in watching tv. Now if I'm on the internet and he's watching tv great. But if I just got home after being gone for 6 hours and I'm ready to put the kids to bed and he's being no help. Yeah, I can get a little beasty. Oh, but that's right. He's already beasty. Throwing stuff into the already full sink, slamming doors, kicking the cats - for reals, not even joking here. Anyway, my whole point to this is that I love my husband, but I don't think he should be allowed to be in a bad mood (this is the 2nd night in a row btw) because that's my job. {Look under the fine print in my contract} And we both can't be in bad moods. Because then I start feeling guilty. Anyway, I'm done venting for tonight. Off to try to clean the kitchen a bit. Did I mention that my sister who seriously has OCD with cleaning is coming to stay for 2 weeks? The cleaning I have going on in my head is going to be fabulous. I just need a little motivation and friendly company!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment