Sunday, 20 December 2009

Christmas Baking

It is 11 p.m. and I was up until 2 last night. I need to go to bed SO bad. But I thought I'd let you know that tomorrow I'm doing our Christmas baking. Woot! I'm really not that excited about it because it's going to be a gong show. But Ashley is here and so another set of hands will be great! So here's what's on the menu this year. And if you want the recipes, let me know. Some of the pictures have the sites where I got the recipe from.

Cake Balls. These are from Bakerella This is my first year trying these. We'll see how they go.

Fudge. I make this every year. Mom's recipe

Gingerbread Men. This is the first time for these guys too. I'm trying the recipe from Our Best Bites. I really like this site. So I'm excited to try these guys. And I hope mine are as cute.

Muddy Buddies. This is another favorite we make every year. It's quick and painless and that's my kind of Christmas baking. {Check your Chex box or google muddy buddies for the recipe}

Homemade Oreos with Cream Cheese Frosting. These are just cake mix cookies and then the cream cheese frosting. I make my frosting red and green and have some of both on each plate. They look SO cute! And taste like manna from Heaven.

Oreo Bark. Another newbie this year. I got it from theidearoom.blogspot.com and she has a lot of super cute stuff as well. This looked pretty simple. So we're going to give it a whirl.

Dipped Pretzels. Now I got this picture from ourbestbites.com, but I got the idea a few years ago from the Kraft magazine that I get. They're super easy and I love them. I can't however buy pretzel sticks that big in Canada. So mine will be a bit shorter....like half the size. But still good. And I usually dip mine in chocolate and then roll them in oreo cookie crumbs. Yum.

Pretzel Turtles. Another newbie this year. Once again from ourbestbites.com I am Super excited about these. Can't wait to try them. And once again, Canada doesn't have bags of rolos. So I had to buy mini rolos. We'll see how they turn out.

Shortbread. This is a every year treat as well. Got the recipe from my mom. I usually criss cross my tops {with a fork} and will dip them half in chocolate. Didn't you know? Christmas is really all about how much stuff you can coat in chocolate.

Spritz Cookies. These were called push out cookies when I was growing up. I am not making chocolate ones. I also didn't get the recipe from the site listed. That's where I got the picture from. I just use the recipe on the back of the box.

Sugar Cookies. Normally I don't do sugar cookies because I think they're a pain in the butt. But Sam's Club tempted me with a box of sugar cookie mix. So I bought the box. We might not get to these, but we'll see.

Wonderful Stuff I got this recipe from my Aunt a few years ago. This stuff is SO good. I don't think it's really called Wonderful Stuff, but that's what she called it and it really is good. YUM!And that brings us to the end of the baking agenda for tomorrow. Wish me luck and I'll see if I can remember to take pictures to show you the real deal. ttys, L

3 comments:

Christal said...

I love the new looks of your blogs how did you do it??? WHat is the secret girl!! All your baking looks yummy! and it looks like disney was tons of fun!! Hope you have a great christmas!!! ttys

The Rose Family said...

Holy Crap! That's a LOT of baking. I thought I was doing great for making turtle brownies and three kinds of cookies, but I'd much rather get a goodie plate from you than from me! It's nice that your sister is out there. Hope Bakefest 2009 is a success!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

wowzers - I made some of that "wonderful stuff" this Christmas around... I ate all of it. It's awesome.
All your other stuff looks great - I bet it turned out fabulous!