Saturday, 24 March 2007

Caution: This post might have you thinking a little differently of me. But I can guarantee, that this is a rare, but delightful occasion. This is just going to be a quick post to let everyone know that I have done nothing all day today. Mike left early this morning to go to work (at the office) and I am still partially in my pajamas. The kids are dressed and they've been fed, but I have done nothing today but read 2 books. That's right I said 2. I'm feeling a little guilty, but at the same time I wonder hmmmm, can I get away with staying in my pajama bottoms and will mike come home late enough that he'll just think that I've changed into my jammies rather than being in them all day. So we'll see how that goes. I have decided not to exercise today. Just don't want to. So I'm not going to. Although, I may have new motivation to get back to the grindstone. But that will be another post for Monday maybe. Anyway, so here I sit in my gray pajama pants (yes mom, those ones that you HATE, but that I love because they are so comfortable). I have changed my shirt and put on a bra today, just in case someone came to the door. (Another rare occasion). I have not made my bed, cleaned the bathroom, haven't showered yet, done the dishes....nothing. And although I have twinges of guilt, i'm not caring. Sad. Pitiful. :D But I just can't bring myself to get on the ball. I just think everyone has these "down" days where nothing gets done. Thankfully they don't happen very often, and thankfully I have a husband that doesn't expect too much out of me. If the house is clean he's grateful, if it's not, he turns a blind eye. And I must admit that it's one of the things that I just love about him. But the house was spotless yesterday (except for the bathroom) and so my work today isn't too hard. So don't think I've been sitting in a pig pen (which has happened before). Anyway, I just wanted to relieve myself of some of the pings of guilt. LOL. New topic. Mike and I went to our town's preformance of Anne of Green Gables. What a delight. It was a 3 hour production and we laughed through most of it. The young girl they had play Anne was just hilarious as she did her dramatic flares that Anne always did. And the scene where Diana gets drunk was just hilarious. Both Mike and I burst out laughing many times. The singing left a little to be desired, but it was good none the less. It made me want to pull out my old books and read them. (And no, those weren't the books I read today) So maybe the next time I'm running a little dry on reading material I'll pull those bad boys out. I'm sure I haven't read them since we moved here almost 7 years ago. I can remember reading them while I was "stranded" at his parents house while he went out and worked for his dad. 3 weeks of living with his parents and I was pg with Aaron. They were the only books I had besides the Babysitters club, and there was no way I was pulling those out. LOL. Anyway, I hope your Saturdays have been as nice as mine! Love, L

No comments: