Monday, 30 April 2012

Funny Enough

It has been forever since I've had any time to write!  I feel as if I've totally failed as a blogger.  I used to be so good at this.  Now I find I have a million other things to do....and I don't really like that feeling.  So I thought I'd write a little blurb.  And then try to write another little blurb in a few days.  And maybe I'll get back into the blogging world.  I've missed it.  So....life.  Hmmm.  What's going on right now you ask?  Everything and nothing.  Today was the deadline for taxes and so Mike came home grumpy and a bit overwhelmed.  He's been like that for a few days now.  Which is why he's watching tv and I'm looking for something else to do (as long as it's not dishes)  I currently live in the house that can't stay clean, with laundry that won't stay done and chores that never get done.  For example, this is how my today went.  Up at 6:30.  Kids out the door by 7:20, morning facebook, treadmill.  9:45 off to clogging.  11:15 home from clogging.  Eat lunch, change clothes, do hair, off to work.  Work from 12-5.  Speed into town to pick up my kids 15 minutes late from piano lessons (thankfully they can walk there after school) and then rush home.  Take 15 minutes of breathing time then take daughter #1 to dance recital rehearsal.  6:45 home, had plans to make supper, NOT.  So leftover meatloaf it is.  7:30, I finally eat and it's time for scriptures, prayers and kids marching off to bed every half hour.  Now it's 9 and I have laundry in the washer and dryer, dishes all over the place, and a house that looks like an elephant stampeded through.  So sure, I could be doing my dishes right now (and I am contemplating folding the laundry in the dryer - socks - boo!) but I'm tired.  I'm so tired that even the thought of reading right now just doesn't do anything for me.  And the sad part is, tomorrow is similar to today.  Time wise.  Every day is similar to today which is why I don't have time to blog anymore.  

In other news.  Here is one picture from our cruise.  This is a beach in ft. lauderdale.  I miss this cruise.  But mainly I think I miss someone cooking for me and making animals out of my hand towels.  For those of you who haven't been on a cruise, it is a must.  We're already planning on going again...in 2 years {have to save up my pennies again}.  But Mike and I both had a wonderful time.  Our next cruise will be longer and I'm stoked.  Woot!  Woot!
  

I've also started a new diet.  The Dukan Diet.  One day while I was working I saw a book come through the library (to be shipped back to a different library).  It intrigued me, so I picked it up and skimmed through it.  It caught my attention and so I placed the book on hold for myself and a week later it showed up.  Not many people up here have heard of it .... yet, but I'm taking it seriously and working hard at it.  Tomorrow is weigh in day.  Eeek!  I have already lost 9.6 "official" pounds.  I'd like to lose 48 more.  But I'm not going to lie, this diet is hard at times and I find myself eyeballing the cupcakes on the counter.  Or when I make my family dinner, the whiff of the mashed potatoes almost sends me to my knees.  It is so hard for me not to lick my fingers or to taste test something.  But I've been true and faithful since I've started and I want this too badly to give up!  The sacrifice will be worth it!  So when I hit big mile stones I'll make sure I post them.  And much to my dislike of posting pics of me, here is what I looked like in January.  I have a more recent pic, but I'm too lazy to get it off my camera right now.  So this will do.    When I'm down 20 I'll post another and then go every 10 pounds from there I guess.  Once I hit 20, I'll find that picture off my camera.  (it's of me and some friends at disneyland with geppetto.  A definite keeper.  snort.) 
Which brings me to my next point.  Show Choir is done for the school year and I couldn't be happier.  I still need to do the scrapbook, but I'm still too fresh off the show and trip to even think about that right now.  Give me a few more weeks.  Show choir was super hard this semester with the job, tax season, and just life.  I'm just barely feeling like I've got a handle on things and I was hired 3 months ago.  It's for sure becoming easier and I'm beginning to find time to do other things...like read.  I actually finished a book the other day.  It was a miracle.  I've started another one, but it's due tomorrow, so it will be a while before it comes back to me so I can finish.  So I'll pick up another book and hopefully I won't have 30 started but unfinished books.  That's what I miss the most about my old life.  Reading.  Sigh.  I miss my laundry day.  Before the job, I'd take Thursday and it would be my laundry day.  I'd get my book, pull up a cozy spot in my chair and basically read all day while I sorted, washed and folded laundry.  It was a nice relaxing day.  Now I have piles of laundry all through the house and I try to get one load done a day.  It's very annoying.  Especially in our small little house.  But like I said, I'm working on it and getting the hang of it.  Who knows, maybe in another 3 months I'll be laughing.  That would be nice.  

Anyway, the laundry really is calling my name and it's bed time in 40.  So I'll get folding and hopefully I'll be back in a few days.  ttys, L

2 comments:

The Robson Clan said...

It's about time! And I need a copy of our pix with geppeto. They won't be made public I promise. & seriously I can help you with whatever. Leave your house unlocked one day and I will come catch up your dishes and laundry :)

Christal said...

Laura you are one busy girl! Glad your liking your work and reading! Love the beach shot I think I have the same shot from our cruise:) I miss seeing you around but it was good to see you for like 5 seconds on sunday:) Glad you blogged too:)