Saturday, 15 October 2011

I'mmmm Baaaaack!

Our computer has been fixed!  Ross is amazing!  {the guy that fixed it}  So I'll be back to posting and hopefully posting more regularly.  {snort, a girl can dream right?} 

We're getting some family pictures done tomorrow, and it should be interesting.  I'm hoping that at least one of them turns out ok.  And I'm glad to have a family who will just suck it up until we get the right picture.  Because I think the last time we did "family pictures" Abbie was 4 and they can still be a bit whiny when it goes a bit long.  So I'll make sure to bring cookies or something fabulous that even Mike won't be too whiny...especially when I have him move straw bales into our photo shoot.  :D

Show choir is picking up and rolling ahead full steam.  Choreo in the theater starts Nov. 7th.  We have 2 more meetings as directors and then we're done.  I still have 3 songs to present.  2 weeks, 3 songs = pooched.  I need to get myself in gear and work, work, work!!  Not that I haven't been working, but I did slack off a bit this week.  I'm looking forward to show choir being over for this semester.  Then I can focus on reading.  I have a stack of books that I would like to read and spring show meetings start in January.  So I have about 4 weeks to read to my hearts content.

I got my application in for subbing at the elementary school.  I'm waiting for the superintendent's office to call me and set up an appointment so I can get my interview done and my little card saying that I can officially sub.  {Because I need one more thing in my life right?  Right!}

I'm {once again} back on the wagon!  It's been 3 weeks (on Monday) and I'm going strong!  I've got a partner this time and she is SO helpful.  Any time I get down or discouraged I text her and she boosts me up.  We text each other when we're done our workouts and I find it motivating if I'm still in my pj's and she's done for the day!  Ahhh!  We've decided that every time we both lose 10 pounds we'll celebrate together.  (We both lose 10 then we go out)  Our first "reward" will be going to the movies....I'd like to see The Help, but who knows if there will be other good things out by then.  Our 20 pound mark is going to be pedicures I think.  Sigh...I love pedicures.  Hopefully it will be in time for our cruise!  But it sure is nice to find someone in the same circumstance as you and they're willing to cheer you on and help you out. 

The kids are doing good...like always.  School is fabulous, basketball, clogging, ballet, piano lessons, cubs, activity days....fabulous.  Out of 5 day school week Mondays and Fridays are our only "free" days.  The other 3 days are crazy, crazy, crazy.  But basketball is only a few more weeks.  And activity days is only every other week, so that's not too bad either.  I'll get on their blog and finish re- posting the things that happened over the summer...{have to clean the bathroom first}

The husband is great....I guess.  Lol.  I've never known Mike not to be great.  He did a week long course in Toronto (when all this computer stuff crashed) and is just plugging away at work and life.  I think his calling is going great.  He doesn't talk to me about it, so I'm just assuming.  I enjoy his calling as counselor in the bishopric.  I truly feel that our marriage and our family is being blessed in so many ways. So even though we're all busy, I'm enjoying the blessings while they last!

In other random news, I've finally (almost regretfully) joined in the pinterest community.  TONS of fabulous ideas out there.  But I have to set the timer or else I look up and I've wasted 2 hours on pinterest instead of working on my choreography.  So I have some rules.  1) I have to exercise, read my scriptures, and say my morning prayers BEFORE I log onto pinterest.  2) I'm only allowed on for an hour.  So I try to do an hour in the morning and an hour when the kids are in bed.  If I find myself waiting somewhere for the kids, I might check it on my phone while I wait, but I get off as soon as the kids are with me again.  Pinterest is a bigger waste of time than facebook.  Sheesh.  A friend and I were talking the other day and we were thinking about how different our lives would be if we didn't have computers and internet and smart phones etc.  And it's true!  I have no idea what I'd be doing with all the hours of free time I'd have.  But it's sobering to think about. 

And for random things, I'm using the "new" blogger and not sure how I feel about it.  Pretty much that's how I am with anything new.  Still trying to get used to the new facebook.  Oi. 

And that's it for now.  I'll be back on the kids blog hopefully later today and we'll get them caught up (with at least one story)

I don't know when we'll get pictures, but I'll post the good ones here once we get them.

And I'll be posting Menu Monday on Monday.  So ttys!!, L

1 comment:

The Rose Family said...

You are welcome for the Pinterest! It's different for me because I've got the little and they have built-in radar for when mama has the laptop open-- so I get to Pin during naps, if Ru takes a nap. Amber (Bassett) set up an account for her daughter to pick projects she wants to do-- I think I'll do that for Ruby. Anyway- glad that you've got a workout buddy. That does make it easier to stay accountable! Good job.