Wednesday, 8 December 2010

I have no idea

I have no idea what to title this post. It's just going to be a random shmaz of stuff. Stayed up late last night finishing the Christmas cards. I made them myself (and promise to do a better job with my digital skillz next year) and had them printed off at Costco. That took 2 hours. I was very impressed. And I printed some fun stuff off for Primary that I'm super excited about. We have a family that my husband home teaches and they have a tiny problem with reverence during church. So I had one of these made and she has a few more on her site that I'm going to print out and give them as Christmas gifts. In a kind way. Not a "I think your kids are really annoying during church and I don't understand how you expect them to sit and behave when you barely do" way. Maybe I'll even make it a secret Santa thing. But they turned out ADORABLE and so I'm going to print more for our family because they're fun. Anyway, got side tracked there. Ok, so was up late. Decided I wanted to add a letter in with the Christmas Cards because it's been a while since I've done that and I realize that all 60 people we sent cards to don't read my blog. So typed up a little ditty and ran out of paper so I had to wait until Mike got home from the hockey game with more computer paper. So it was knocking on 12:30 before I went to bed. And then up at 7. So I might have been a little grumpy this morning. Finished off a few more cards this morning, you know the ones where you've emailed them and they haven't emailed me back and so I just hope they live at the same address they did last year. If not some stranger is going to be eyeing our Christmas card. I'm trying not to think of that right now. Got the kids off to school. Then headed for the post office across the border. Had a good drive. Listened to a book on cd and really enjoyed some ME time. The guy at the post office was great. I was expecting 2 packages, walked out with 4 and picked up one more at the storage place. Filled the car up with cheap gas and headed home. No waiting at the border on either side and it was a great morning. FINALLY got my birthday present and an add on now I just need a free weekend to play it with friends!! Maybe New Years Eve. But I'm glad I finally have it. In the mail I also got a few more goodies for the BIG DAY and I think we're pretty much done. I'm getting REALLY excited for Christmas this year. We decided that the kids weren't getting any toys this year because we have too many toys. So it's been a bit challenging to think of things that aren't toys. And the kids are kinda disappointed, but it's going to be good! I can hardly wait. At this point I think I'm just super excited for when I get to sleep in. :) Tomorrow is weigh in day (I'm almost at my end of year goal - to be back where I was when I left for California) and then I'll wreck it all by baking all the goods on Friday. Once we bake all the goodies that will be the last thing that I HAVE to do. It's just wrapping presents and reading and laundry and dishes and eating and presents and reading and watching tv. I'm a little excited. Oh and in random news we picked the songs for the spring show and I'm really excited about it. Well, Abbie's home from school and it's time for lunch then piano lessons, ballet, home, 2 more piano lessons and cubs. And Mike's not coming home until late tonight so I'm on my own. Oh well. Wednesdays are gong shows. Ugh. Which reminds me. We went to the DDS this week and Ky and I both have 2 cavities. RAWR. So guess who has an 8:20 {AM} appointment tomorrow. That's right. Me. I'm crying. I hate the DDS. Anyway, I'm out. Peace.

1 comment:

Stacy Wilson said...

I've created Ticket to Ride MONSTERS LOL. I want to know what you guys are getting the kids! Do games count as toys? Interesting.