Thursday, 5 March 2009

Mike's Graduation

Even though it was 2 months ago I'm sure you're all awaiting with baited breath. Well, stop holding your breath because I'm only posting one pic of me. It was that bad. LOL. The graduation was very nice. The hotel was to die for. The nicest hotel I've ever been in. The dinner was very good. I thought we'd get a sliver of chicken and a few sprigs of lettuce. And I was actually full after dinner. Ok, this post is so not what I imagined when I was going to write it two months ago. So here's a lesson to me to post as soon as I can. Maybe I'll think of more to say when I get the pics up.

This is Tate. He used to work with Mike a few years ago. He got some award. He got his CA last year.

This is Curtis. He works with Mike. He is really nice. Pahaha. could this get any worse? That's their boss, Doug, who is behind the mic.


Mike. Trying hard not to smile and be proud of himself.


This is when Doug told everyone that Mike still looks like he's 18

and this is hideous me and Mike before the dinner. I am not going to even say anything about it. It still makes me annoyed (the dress). Mike would not smile for any picture. He wanted to give the "I am a professional" stare that we all find so annoying. Doug told Mike that he was going to post some picture in the paper of him and Curtis (he didn't) but because of that Mike wouldn't smile in a single picture. Thanks Doug.


this was later that night at the dinner. These are the tables. There were 160 tables and we were seated at table 160. LOL. It was kind of nice though because we were in a corner so we only had 2 tables that were close. just a shot of the room. the grads all lined up and paraded around the room as someone played the bagpipes then the head of ceremony guy had to "officially pay the piper" It was weird. LOL.these next two are of mike around the ca sign.


Still not smiling.


and this last one was of the ride home. I got bored and took about 50 pictures of mike in the car. He wasn't thrilled. LOL. But it was fun while it lasted.


So I did save the menu and the speech that Doug gave. The speech is buried and I'll have to find it, so basically I'm not posting it. But basically Doug said some really nice things about Mike. Each speech was supposed to be a few minutes long and Mike's was by far the longest. Doug gave a long schpeel about how Mike was from Raymond etc and so for the rest of the trip in the elevator and at other random places people were like "you're the guy from Raymond" it was a little embarrassing. lol. I have no idea where the menu is. But the stuff we had had fancy names and I thought it was fun. So if I ever find that I might post it. Maybe. Let's be honest. Probably not. Ok. Anyway, the morning we left to come home we ate in the Calgary Tower, which is kind of like the Space Needle thingy in Seattle. Kind of. There's a restaurant and the tower spins so you get a panoramic view of Calgary. It was really fun. I got sick until we sat down and started eating. (I'm not a huge fan of heights. And to be slowly turning was nauseating) But it was a once in a life time opportunity and I'm glad we stayed. It was a lot of fun and the food was really good. It was an enjoyable morning to the end of our little trip.

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

I seriously think we need to be neighbors! You are so hilarious! Honestly, I was peeing my pants because I could just hear you saying all of those things...and just for the record, you look so GREAT! I wish you'd post more pictures of yourself...your dress looks so pretty, too!

What a nice outing for you and especially for Mike. What a great accomplishment that he's finally done with everything!

Christal said...

Your dress is nice what are you talking about girl??! You look great! You are to funny with your whole description of the night. Nice to get away though eh just the two of you. Tell mike congrats AND to smile more often! haha ttys